Honored Contributor

Re: ELYSEE Vendor

[ Edited ]

I just don't understand the mentality of people who have to pick others apart or the arm chair experts who can clearly see things the rest of us don't.  There are many, many people enjoying success with her products without surgery so how do you explain that?  Also, Linda Marshall has terrible arthritis in her hands.  It's possible she has it in her back too, which would impact her posture. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, I totally agree with you!

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I just don't understand the mentality of people who have to pick others apart or the arm chair experts who can clearly see things the rest of us don't.  There are many, many people enjoying success with her products without surgery so how do you explain that?  Also, Linda Marshall has terrible arthritis in her hands.  It's possible she has it in her back too, which would impact her posture. 

If she has terrible arthritis in her hands, it must be very difficult for her to apply product to models.  I have arthritis in both my hands, and I know I couldn't even attempt to do her job.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

She has clearly had a face lift and her eyes done. Nothing done on her neck, which looks like that of a woman in her 70s. If her products work as she claims, why doesn't her neck match her face? All these beauty claims are so misleading! Geesh!

@ellaphant  How can you tell she has had a face lift and eyes done CLEARLY?  I do not think you can see that close up on your TV. She has no reason to lie to her customers after all these years. I think you are saying this out of jealousy for how great she looks for her age.  She looks good, natural, not lifted or pulled. 

Uh- how can I tell? Her face and eyes are smooth and tight. No one at 75 looks like that...w/out work done. C'mon!

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

From what I understand there isn't  a procedure they can do for your neck.

They certainly can...my aunt had a bad turkey neck and had a full face and neck lift!

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@porcelain wrote:

Oh be nice. Linda Marshall has been using the best skincare available to her since she was 5. Why not just be happy for her that she's maintained her looks so well at her age?

I hope I can do that well when I hit my 70s. At that point, if some people want to talk behind my back and imply I went under the knife because I look so great, that will say more about their low expectations for themselves than it will about me. I'll know the truth and I'll go along being happy.

I've noticed Linda often wears an evil eye ring or pendant. I bet that comments like the original post are why.

ITA!  She looks great.  I'm in my 60's and I'm jealous.  LOL.  Robert Wagner has said he uses her products and he looks great as well.  I guess some people just have to be mean.

"mean?" oh please! "jealous?" you are living in a dream world if you think she only uses topical products! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

She has clearly had a face lift and her eyes done. Nothing done on her neck, which looks like that of a woman in her 70s. If her products work as she claims, why doesn't her neck match her face? All these beauty claims are so misleading! Geesh!

@ellaphant  How can you tell she has had a face lift and eyes done CLEARLY?  I do not think you can see that close up on your TV. She has no reason to lie to her customers after all these years. I think you are saying this out of jealousy for how great she looks for her age.  She looks good, natural, not lifted or pulled. 

Uh- how can I tell? Her face and eyes are smooth and tight. No one at 75 looks like that...w/out work done. C'mon!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, HSN has very, very good lighting.

One time the former Lancome rep, Joan, was on for an appearance and she looked smooth without a line or wrinkle to be seen.  The lighting went out and wow, what a difference. Within a few seconds the lighting came back on and all her wrinkles and lines were gone again.  But it was a major difference with and without that professional lighting.   

Honored Contributor

Either late last night or early this morning, I heard Linda say on air that she's afraid of having cosmetic surgery.

Regular Contributor

Re: ELYSEE Vendor

[ Edited ]

Linda Marshall looks absolutely lovely for 76 years old.  I don't believe that she would say she's had no work done if she had.   She would just say nothing.  Her products are high quality and produce results for lots of people. If not she couldn't have remained on HSN for 16 years.   Some people always see the glass half empty.  I like to see it half full. 

Contributor

Well I am not 75 but I am 64 and use Elysee. I recently visited a dermatologist to have a mole on my side checked out. She introduced herself and did a double take saying "oh my god your skin is beautiful you look half your age I bet all your friends just hate you" I said oh it's all genetic and she replied oh no it is not whatever you are doing keep doing it! So do I believe Linda when she says she has had no work done absolutely.