Honored Contributor

I've tuned in to BEAUTY IQ several times & saw Elise doing a demo of cardio techniques. What's up with that? I thought this was a beauty channel.

Anyone else caught these segments and have an opinion on why?

Honored Contributor

Re: ELISE'S CARDIO SEGMENTS?

Yes, I've seen her segments. I believe she used to be a trainer at one time. As far as to why the vids of her doing exercises...well I think it all goes back to being healthy. I'm a believer in holistic ways to health and beauty...it's all connected. I think if you are physically healthy then it shows on the outside.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI hate to say this because I really don't love to exercise, but I do think we can buy as much beauty with exercise as we can with spending money on lotions and colors.  I assume that Elise is selling equipment and that would be my reason why she's demonstrating on a beauty show.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heavens help you if you can't see the connection between being physically fit and being physically attractive. 

Respected Contributor

I've never understood why QVC dumped her and Alberti on that beauty channel.  I never saw her all that much but thought he was great as a host on the Q. 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge and others: Of course I understand the importance and connection of health and beauty.  I'm questioning why a channel that was solely set up to sell beauty products and have beauty tutorials is now showing exercise segments as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I've never understood why QVC dumped her and Alberti on that beauty channel.  I never saw her all that much but thought he was great as a host on the Q. 

I don't believe management sees it as a dump.  Try to look at placing Alberti and Elise on Beauty IQ from a manaegement perspective, and what I come up with is two good likeable hosts equal more viewers seeking out the channel.  Speaking for myself, Alberti was an allure for me to watch Beauty IQ.  Judging from the overwhelmingly positive comments about him on this forum (which make no mistake about it the marketing dept. reads), and QVC probably other research data too, which would have helped them select Alberti to be the face of their new beauty channel. 

Honored Contributor

Hope BeautyIQ channel is doing well.  I sure miss Alberti, but if the channel (which I don't have) is doing well, and if Alberti is secure there, job-wise, then I'm happy about it.  He deserves excellent, long-term employment.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

The segments are only about a minute long and seem to be used as "breaks" between segments.  I think the connection is obvious and I'd rather see them over the videos of vendors saying "I IQ, do you?" or something like that.  Elise is a great host.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Hope BeautyIQ channel is doing well.  I sure miss Alberti, but if the channel (which I don't have) is doing well, and if Alberti is secure there, job-wise, then I'm happy about it.  He deserves excellent, long-term employment.  Heart

I always liked Alberti and enjoyed him as a host.  I don't get the channel so I never get to see him anymore.  I only saw the young woman a few times but she did a nice job as well.