Honored Contributor

Eyes lips face brushes are now being sold at CVS by me and I am wondering about the durability of them for their price. I am interested in their foundation brush (for liquid foundation application).

Any reviews or opinions?? Thanks in advance.

This one:

Foundation Brush Foundation Brush

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Eyes lips face brushes are now being sold at CVS by me and I am wondering about the durability of them for their price. I am interested in their foundation brush (for liquid foundation application).

This one:

Hi, @JustJazzmom!

I have that brush, but haven't used it yet.  Sorry I can't provide an opinion. 

That particular brush looks good for getting into the sides of the nose and smaller areas for your foundation.  I use them for various work other than their designated brush type.

Overall Elf's brushes are much better than the price tag.  Especially if you don't want to spend time washing brushes and use both light & dark shadows and other types of product.   I've used them for contouring and eye work mostly.  

The one I'm carrying around right now labeled for contouring only (just the sides of my nose)  although it's not their contouring brush- not positive which one.  IF you're interested I'll check. 

With  dozens of pricey brushes Elf's stack-up pretty well. Especially for 3 bucks.

Respected Contributor

Wanted to add, I've never had one shed- especially not with the smaller brushes which I have dozens.  I can't say that about some brushes costing $47 plus more.

Frequent Contributor

I've used several ELF brushes and think they're diffently worth it. They've lasted much longer than I ever expected they would (or should). That paticular brush (foundation) though I use for applying my weekly gel mask. And it washes up great afterwards.  For foundation I prefer to use a sponge, so not sure about foundation. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Respected Contributor

Re: ELF Brushes??

[ Edited ]

I have to add this here...I ordered on ELFs online site and when it arrived there were 3 of one item missing. I e'd them and the NEXT day they refunded my Paypal account and then sent me another e that said they were shipping me a "gift". Well it arrived and I was SO surprised...a 10 piece Brush Set (!!!!) and a nice "we are sorry that we messed up on your order" card. I was shocked! Now THAT is customer service. OH yeah....the brushes are fantastic! As good as others I've spent WAY more on.No shedding and I've tried them all out. What a nice surprise Christmas present this was!

Valued Contributor

I have a blush brush and few eyeshadow brushes that I have used for years. No shedding and they have held up well.

Super Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

This one:

I use some elf brushes but I like their black handled ones, I think they call it their Pro line or something like that. I use the small stippling brush to apply my foundation. I have new back up brushes but the first one has held up perfectly for close to 2 years and no shedding. I have the one with the white handle and the quality is not as good IMO and is worth spending a few dollars more for the ones with the black handles.

Trusted Contributor

@lobstergal wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

This one:

I use some elf brushes but I like their black handled ones, I think they call it their Pro line or something like that. I use the small stippling brush to apply my foundation. I have new back up brushes but the first one has held up perfectly for close to 2 years and no shedding. I have the one with the white handle and the quality is not as good IMO and is worth spending a few dollars more for the ones with the black handles.

Hey @lobstergal I am totally with you...love the black handled "Pro" line of elf brushes for a couple bucks more...they are really nice (I bought a few eyeshadow brushes and one stipling brush!) and they are well worth the cost! 

Respected Contributor

I haven't used this particular brush but I think they are worth it.  I only have a couple of their brushes, one being their pro concealor brush and I use it for my under eye if I am not using my beauty blender. Washes up great.

Their if pro line seems to be pretty good. 

Valued Contributor

It's funny, I've been meaning to post about elf brushes.  I want to say that  have found them to be excellent.  They last well, are soft, and don't shed.

I think they're as good or better than some of the very expensive brushes I
have bought down through the years.