Trusted Contributor

Hello,

I bought a beauty item in Dec 2020 & paid for it with a credit card

never received it 

seller never put a tracking # on it, so I email seller (twice) asking if it was sent, all it says is shipping service USPS

no answer from seller

I opened a report with ebay, of course no response from seller even after I did this, now ebay wants to know if resolved, but in their email asking for an update the RESPOND NOW button sends an email back to the seller, not ebay, how is that going to help me?

Am I just out of the money? So any scammer can do this?

Ebay says not covered by their money back guarentee

Honored Contributor

Re: EBAY help please

[ Edited ]

Why is it not covered by eBay's money back guarantee?

You might have to take it up with the CC company if eBay doesn't put the money back on your CC.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry you have this problem. I have shopped on eBay for many years, and I have had similar problems once in  great while. Fortunately, not much money was at stake, so at some point I said (bless you)--Not!!! I just wrote it off. 

I think your resolution depends on how much frustration you can stand.

Honored Contributor

If you paid the seller directly, eBay cannot intervene on your behalf.  This late after the fact, it’s too late to file a dispute with your credit card company.  You only have 60 days to do that.  The lesson to be learned here is to pay thru the eBay/PayPal checkout process so it’s documented and they can get involved if need be. 

NEVER EVER, use a “click thru” button in an email that looks like it comes from eBay or PayPal.  The bad guys are very clever and know how to clone the sites but when you click through, you are opening yourself up to security risks and them hacking into your bank or CC accounts.  eBay and PayPal will never ask for personal information in an email. You protect your security by going to their sites and looking for legitimate communication from them.

Respected Contributor

Suggestion would be to contact E-Bay directly.

On the bottom, there is something called contact us and keep going until you find a phone number, you can call them or they can call you.

The agents are a great wealth of information and will help you through this process.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I got stuck once - no response from seller nor help from PP

I won't even look at that website now - once was enough....lost little $ but won't give

EBAY another chance to bite me again.

Respected Contributor

Please note E-Bay protects the buyer MORE than the seller.

It is a satisfaction guarantee buying from E-Bay so please don't advertise that you will get ripped off, you can't.   Go through the E-Bay transaction process and not bypass anything and you are protected.

Like anything there are good people and bad people, I lost money many years ago on E-Bay because I mailed a check, that doesn't happen anymore, it's credit card or PayPal.  Safest and easiest way.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all, sorry this has happened to others

@Just Bling How do you go thru the ebay tranaction process?  Pay by Paypal?

Honored Contributor

I've only had one ebay purchase go bad.  Attempts to work it out with the seller went nowhere.  Called eBay and they stepped in and took care of the problem by reimbursing me.  They were very helpful and understanding.  

Did you look at the seller's ratings?  Length of time they've been selling and how many products they've sold?  I don't buy from anyone with less than a 99.5% rating.  If they have limited sells, I'd have to REALLY want the product to chance it.  I hope you weren't out too much money Smiley Sad

Some people are like "how can you buy makeup on eBay!!??"  That's why ratings, items sold and how long they've been selling is so important and I'm sure why eBay offers that information.