Respected Contributor

Dry Shampoo ~ Any that are Hypoallergenic?

I occasionally use a dry shampoo and have tried a couple of brands.  It seems they both break out my scalp.

Does anyone know of a hypoallergenic brand or what ingredient could be the culprit?

TIA

Contributor

Re: Dry Shampoo ~ Any that are Hypoallergenic?

I read an article not too long ago that noted you should be careful about using dry shampoo too often as it does tend to clog the pores on your scalp and can cause breakouts. 

Respected Contributor

@Sparkeys Girl wrote:

I read an article not too long ago that noted you should be careful about using dry shampoo too often as it does tend to clog the pores on your scalp and can cause breakouts. 

I only use it once or twice weekly, but I'm going to have to stop completely.  It doesn't agree with me. 

Honored Contributor

@Sparkeys Girl wrote:

And diminish hair growth.

Respected Contributor

I don't use dry shampoo.

However, on a recent girlfriends weekend at a cabin, my friend sprinked cornstarch in her hair, worked it around and then brushed it out. Her hair looked so great others tried it too!

Not me, just put mine on top of my head and went fishing with them with dirtier hair!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I have the same problem and can't use dry shampoos. I've tried many, many different brands.

Unfortunately, while the term "hypoallergenic" sounds official and like there must be standards for calling a product "hypoallergenic", there is no consistent definition of the term in n the beauty industry, so it doesn't really mean anything. I have highly sensitive and allergic skin and there are many products labeled hypoallergenic that cause my skin to freak out.