Respected Contributor

Dermstore.com carrys it too.  I have a lipbalm and its great. 

Super Contributor

I picked up the soap travel duo, but unfortunately I did find them a bit drying, not extremely, but just a bit more than my usual cleanser. They might work better for me in the summer humidity, so I'll try them again then.

The sunscreen worked well for me though. That came in another kit with the Lippe (very good) and I think a serum (wasn't large enough size to really like/dislike). I would consider trying a full size of the sunscreen and the Lippe is on my desk beside me right now.

I have a hard time resisting anything with the word "elephant" in its name Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I have only tried the c serum so far and I like it.  I started using it every day and after a few days my skin felt irritated so I have gone back to every other day or two.  I think I may have been using to much as I was applying too. At least I know it does do something, lol. 

@aprilskies, unfortunately I had to return mine for that very reason. The skin on my nose looked almost as if I had a burn or something -- red patches and irritation. It took a few days for it to clear up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

The last time I was in Sephora I passed by the Drunk Elephant display. One of the items was $112 CDN. Like no. I am not going to buy any skin care line that is expensive. Period.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I have only tried the c serum so far and I like it.  I started using it every day and after a few days my skin felt irritated so I have gone back to every other day or two.  I think I may have been using to much as I was applying too. At least I know it does do something, lol. 

@aprilskies, unfortunately I had to return mine for that very reason. The skin on my nose looked almost as if I had a burn or something -- red patches and irritation. It took a few days for it to clear up.

@suzyQ3, yes, I found out how strong this is.  It didn't bother me when I used it every other day or two.  But, I realized among all of my products that I wasn't reaching for it so decided to use it every day, too expensive not to use.   After a few days, my skin became irritated and hurt a bit.  I didn't get redness or obvious irritation thank goodness, but it hurt to the touch so I put it to the side.  So, back to using it every two days or when I think about it. I don't know that it is a repurchase for me, but I do like it, just have to be careful in using it. 

Regular Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@j-lou, thank you for the recommendation for the soaps. The word soap scares me with my dry skin but so many other women are raving about their soaps.I agree that I have cut out a lot of other lines just so that I can continue to purchase DE. 

@Tricolor, my skin is dry too.  The green cleansing bar I use in the AM.  Although it is not gritty it really does exfoliate the skin.  Not in a harsh way either.  I may try to switch over to all DE products.  I like that it is a stream lined regimen with not a lot of products.  So although it is expensive at first I would end up saving money by not buying so many products and only buying when I get the coupon codes.

Valued Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Jump4joy2,I am so glad to hear that you didn't like their SPF. I kept thinking it was just me because I also really wanted to like this stuff. You are so right it doesn't work with foundation at all. Since I was only using it on my face, I decided to try it on my body. WHOA! Big mistake. My black leather seats in my car had white marks everywhere. I knew my husband would be freaking so I worked like the devil to clean up the mess. 

Oh no, what a mess that had to be!  I just trashed mine and Wikileaks's not be giving it another try -- although I hear that DE has reformulated the product.  

No, Whole Foods does NOT carry this brand. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve only tried one product - Firma C - and it did not agree with my skin.  Gave me breakouts.  

Valued Contributor

Love Drunk Elephant products.  I just checked Dermstore and they don't seem to carry it.  Sephora has it.  Pricey yes but I think it's worth the price