Honored Contributor

Please share your favorite drugstore shampoos & conditioners. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Drugstore Shampoo Brands

Shea Naturals....no sulfates,  parabens, cruelty free

Respected Contributor

Pantene, I have been enjoying the new Pro Series.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Yup, Pantene brand.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This one is my fave. It's a tea tree poo. You can get a 2-oz sample for $1.65 and free shipping at pureformulas dot com. There is also the conditioner for the same price to try. Highly recommend both! The conditioner is a foaming type, not as in spray or pump, it just foams up when you put it in your hair. I love it. Be sure to read the reviews...all are stellar! No animal testing. Certified organic. No sulfates.

If the samples are sold out, get on their wait list. It doesn't take long at all.Woman Happy

GIO-13008-5.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Silee...thanks for mentioning this brand.  I've seen it and considered trying especially because it is no animal testing, organic, and sulfate free.  You have encouraged me to purchase...thanks.  I'd like to compare with the Shea that I'm currently using.

Honored Contributor

I use John Freida for Blondes most of the time. I have also used Tresemme - they have lots of formulations to chose from for your needs. I recently finished Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair by Claudia Shiffer and liked it. 

Respected Contributor

I used Tresemme for years before I started using Wen...and would happily go back to it if I had to stop using Wen! I still use Tresemme hairspray---can't beat it in high humidity.

My DH likes Patene, but I had a horrible reaction to it--hair loss, thick greasy scales on my scalp and itching. Same thing with Suave products, only not quite as bad!

Regular Contributor

dove daily moisture works better then ANY salon brand! Threw them all out!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Silee...thanks for mentioning this brand.  I've seen it and considered trying especially because it is no animal testing, organic, and sulfate free.  You have encouraged me to purchase...thanks.  I'd like to compare with the Shea that I'm currently using.

@phoenixbrd,

I might have to try that shea one you mentioned...looks good. Woman Happy

About the Giovanni...I bought the sample on a whim and fell in love with it right away. I looked for a larger size, 32oz or bigger and couldn't find any. One day I did a google search and found GALLON-SIZEs of the poo and conditioners...both gallons cost me around 75. So If you are interested...massagewarehouse dot com.