Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Sevinor Fans Please note!

@SeaMaiden wrote:

LOL Dr. Sevinor is a junkie. Who would have known? 

no, it's not funny and I feel for this manwho is suffering from the disease of addiction, as well as those who care and love him.

Respected Contributor

Wow.  Was never interested in his product.  Actually thought he was a weird dude, but never would have guessed he had this kind of issue.  Shame.

Respected Contributor

Having worked in the medical field for many years before I retired I can tell you a little of what may happen to him. First of all his license will be suspended pending a further investigation. He will have a hearing at which time it will be determined if her will lose his license permanently. If he has had other offenses, this will certainly hurt him ever being able to practice medicine. If the judge feels lenient, he may let him go back to practicing after his suspension but he wil never ever be able to write a narcotic for his patients again. If this he actually committed this crime, my guess is he will be finished with medicine. There have been cases where an employee wrote illegal scripts for themselves and the doctor had to face a short term suspension. In this case he may have actually committed a crime. 

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Having worked in the medical field for many years before I retired I can tell you a little of what may happen to him. First of all his license will be suspended pending a further investigation. He will have a hearing at which time it will be determined if her will lose his license permanently. If he has had other offenses, this will certainly hurt him ever being able to practice medicine. If the judge feels lenient, he may let him go back to practicing after his suspension but he wil never ever be able to write a narcotic for his patients again. If this he actually committed this crime, my guess is he will be finished with medicine. There have been cases where an employee wrote illegal scripts for themselves and the doctor had to face a short term suspension. In this case he may have actually committed a crime. 

This is probably moot, for the most part, anyway since the guy is 70 yrs. old, and reportedly surrendered his medical license, and says he will retire.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

The Boston Herald reports today that Dr. Sevinor has surrendered his medical license and is retiring after a long and successful career.  I see no reason why he shouldn't remain a vendor on HSN.  I have no idea about the extent of his involvement with drugs, but I hope he can give that up. 

Are you serious?  The guy is done.  What the he did was a criminal act.  As far as his drug involvement, no, we don't know the extent but buying crack cocaine is a lot more serious than getting caught with a joint.  HSN would be nuts to continue their relationship with him at this point, nor do I/we even know if they want to.  The doctor broken trust with his patients and the public, and with that his credibiltiy is down the toilet.  First and foremost, he needs to deal with all the legal aspects of his situation and address his drug problem, getting the right help with that.  Since no one knows how severe his problem is or the extent of his involvement with the dealer, no one knows the answers to the previous two issues or how long either will take.  After that, he will need to rebuild his trust with the people around him.  IMO, his relationship with HSN is probably over.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch,

Yes, I agree. This guy is toast! It's a good thing he is retiring...this was probably a decision encouraged by his legal team. He is 70 yo...his best days have come and gone.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  His lawyer said he has never had any other charges.  If this is true, he likely will get probation and a drug program.  We have no evidence that he used while operating.  As for his involvement with the dealer, he was only caught this one time, so I'm not sure what else they would charge him with.  He's been charged with drug possession.

I don't consider his credibility gone as far as being a vendor on HSN.  This incident doesn't affect the quality of the products he sells.  I've never purchased any of them.  His drug use does affect his credibility as a surgeon, which is why he gave up his license.  A doctor I know said most surgeons retire by age 70 anyway, so, as the news story says, it's something he was thinking about.

Just because he took crack doesn't mean he has no credibility after a 40-year career.  None of us know how extensive his drug use is, though he isn't skinny like a hard-core crack addict.  It would not bother me one bit if HSN kept him on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms X,

I've seen some hard-core addicts that have weight problems, too. They are far from being "skinny".

After hearing of his bust, I just wouldn't buy any of his hsn products even if they still sold them. I would feel like I was supporting a bad habit.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ms X,

I've seen some hard-core addicts that have weight problems, too. They are far from being "skinny".

We don't know anything about this.  Look at all the people who come back from drug problems and continue to work.  Heck, a healthy percentage of entertainers are drug users/addicts, according to the news reports over the years and the entertainers' own statements.  I can see why his medical license had to be at the very least immediately suspended pending an investigation.  He surrendered it and retired.  There's no reason to banish someone forever from commerce because he was caught buying crack.  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X,

I totally understand...because I AM a recovering addict who nearly died from it, lost the job of my life not to mention respect from some "friends". I was judged and degraded. I learned quickly who my true friends were. After "rehab" I went back to my old job...but things were never the same.