Honored Contributor

Re: Don't forget Beekman is on tommorrow, Thursday & Friday

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Question for anyone who wants to answer ....

What's their "claim to fame", or what is the appeal?  Are they organic or very rich .... or what?    TIA!

@Tinkrbl44  I'm sure you can look them up and get all your questions answered.  

@JeanLouiseFinch

I already did that, but was asking why posters here liked their products.    So sorry if that wasn't clear to everyone.

feels good on my skin...hydrating

reasonably priced sets

make nice gifts

nice selection of scents

made in the usa

no animal testing

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What's their "claim to fame", or what is the appeal?  Are they organic or very rich .... or what?    TIA!

@JeanLouiseFinch

I already did that, but was asking why posters here liked their products.    So sorry if that wasn't clear to everyone.

I like their bar soaps the best. I have used all kinds of homemade goats milk soaps plus a lot of other homemade soaps without goats milk. I have to say Beekman's are the best I have tried. 

I did like their hand cream until they started putting the body lotion formula in the hand cream tubes. The lotion is ok but I found the hand cream to be more moisturizing & better at keeping your hands from getting dry.

I like their hand washes. If I use only those & no other soap on my hands they stay nice & moisturized. 

I don't care for their Body Washes. They hardly suds & I find myself using more then necessary. Since I need to use more of it a bottle of it will not last long for me so I'm not buying any more of those.

I also like their lip balms.

Their wipes are nice but my face cannot tolerate using them every day. I used them every morning for 2 wks & they left my face dry, red & irritated even though I rinsed my face with water. Guess my face is more sensitive then I thought.

I did not care for their shampoo bar. Tried it 2 different times. My hair felt like it had a heavy duty coating of shea butter left in it that I could not get out no matter how much I rinsed.

I also like their cuticle cream.

They have some nice gifts sets & the packaging is really nice for gift giving.

Made in the USA

I normally would choose unscented products since there are so many scents I cannot tolerate. I have not had any problems with any of their scents. 

Honored Contributor

have to add......

those goats are some GREAT marketers.....and they dont even have a degree!  LOL Smiley LOLSmiley Tongue

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

@Tinkrbl44

Ahh, OK.  Initially I was interested in the boys because I watched them on the Amazing Race and liked them.  I didn't follow them religiously or anything, but just a mild interest.  Then I learned about them here, that they were selling products on Evine.  I've only been using their soaps, lotions, and wipes for about 6 mos. or so.  I like that they're made here in the USA, that the boys are working as a community with other farmers and artisans to bring their products to the public.  I don't have super sensitve skin, but like how the soaps and lotions are gentle and non-drying, not to mention every last one of them that I've used smell incredibly great without being overpowering.  I find the bar soaps to be a good value considering the ingredients they include, but also what they leave out and that they are triple milled, .  The triple milling makes them so compact that it takes a long time to use them up.  Plus, the bars are about double the weight of a standard bar of soap.  I've wondered about trying some of their food products, but they are pretty expensive, IMO, so I haven't purchased any yet.

Honored Contributor

I am a bar soap (particularly triple milled) junkie.  Beekman soaps are excellent quality and very long lasting.  I love the subtle scents.  Their wrappings are beautiful and make lovely gift presentations.

I also like the lotion/liquid soap caddie sets. (although I've had leakage in transport)

The face wipes and lip balms have been added bonuses (for me) in their TTV boxes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

They are not brothers - they are married.

Trusted Contributor

Josh has a marketing degree. Worked at big company in NYC.

The other is a real MD.

They are very educated men, on a new journey in their life. Where the farm is located is a tiny little town. I bet they are really enjoying being out of the NYC rat race.

I love their soap. I got a nice squishy sponge (like the one they use in presentations), and the cream lather has changed my skin. For the better.

I get three bars out of one. I just take a single edge razor and cut one into three equal pieces. Even the small pieces last forever!

I enjoy watching their shows. They are really funny together. Very enjoyable shows, love the goats.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm sitting out this visit.  I've scheduled one of the summer installments of the seasonal TTV A/D to ship this month, just a few days from now actually.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it will.  

Well, it didn't work.  Evine's system accepted the bumped up date at first.  I didn't receive a shipping notice so I logged on to check the status and the word "ERROR" in red letters is showing.  It's not the end of the world, but it looks like my shipment isn't going to happen until July when all the other summer shipments go out.  It's very likely the boys don't even have all the product made yet. 

Trusted Contributor

I discovered that my skin, my arms and torso, legs are all smoother, less dry and bumpy after using their soaps. It's the goat milk which has the correct ph balance and benefits our skin. I just tried the new shampoo and conditioner and they are fantastic. My hair is so soft and silky now. All their products are made here in the US and they don't add any fillers, wax, by products, and try to keep all ingredients pure and simple.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their soaps are quite nice.  I have tried the vanilla and apricot one and like them both.  I have two other varieties and can't wait to try them. 

The wipes are terrible.  They dried out my skin.  Will not be purchasing them again. 

I just opened a hand cream, it is okay.  It is of a thinner consistency than a normal hand cream.  I have two of them. They will not be a repurchase. 

So far, I have liked the soap and the body lotion. Not sure if I will be repurchasing this brand but I have plenty of bars to go. 

Edited to say - I also don't like their lip balm.  I will use it but it just seems to sit on the lips and not absorb.