Regular Contributor

It's fun at Valentine's Day, Easter, Christmas ~ many things for the little one's baskets and stockings.  My sons loved going there as small children ~ to know they could buy ANY x-number of items and cost was not a problem.  smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor

The only beauty item I try is lipstick or glosses.  I have sensitivity issues with my skin so would be hesitant to try other products.  There is one lip product that I really like.  It is lipstick on one end and gloss on the other.  I forget the brand name.  It is either LA or Wet and Wild.  They have several colors.  This stuff really is nice and wears well.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

No.  I just do not trust that much of the health and beauty items are phony and made in China.  The ingredients are the concern to me.   Cotton pads and bandaids are fine.. but anything that you put on your skin or in your mouth I would not buy.

Honored Contributor

I buy brand name items there sometimes like Olay, Neutrogena, Dove, Suave, Cover Girl. etc. because they are cheaper. I have also purchased LA Colors eye shadow palettes and liquid hand soap dispensers there. I have never had an issue with a product. 

Honored Contributor

I buy mostly all my greeting cards in there, great selection and nice cards, some 50 cents, some a dollar.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dollar tree....

[ Edited ]

@NativeJax wrote:
Well, I am still staying on my very tight budget, Amen to that:-) tonight I went to dollar tree and bought just a few things...cotton pads, toothbrushes, Epsom salt.... I saw face wipes there, has anyone tried any dollar tree beauty products? I did not purchase any because I would be afraid to try anything other than bar soap.

Hi @NativeJax,

I haven't bought any facial make-up there yet, but only because I don't need any right now, not because I don't want to buy any from there. Smiley Happy

We buy whatever we can there, including health and beauty items, like shower gels and shampoos, and toothpaste. We also buy their aspirin and ibuprofen and their brand of Benadryl. 

We buy candy and snacks from there, and food, too, along with office supplies like pens and paper and envelopes. 

Editing to add: No, not everything is made in China that is sold there. I've mentioned this in other posts. You can find the same name brands there that you can get in your other supermarkets, but at dollar prices. You'll also find products made in the U.S. 

Respected Contributor
Birthday Party Plates, matching cups & tablecloths etc .all have themes for kids. Gift Bags...Gift boxes...to name a few.
Respected Contributor

I've seen loofahs (natural and synthetic), those white semi-abrasive facial scrubbing things that were so popular years ago, microfiber cloths and towels, all kinds of soap, floss, shampoo, combs and brushes, bobby pins, nail files, etc.

It's also a good source for organizing tools like little drawers, boxes, and baskets to keep your bathroom counter and cupboards tidy at friendly prices.

Honored Contributor
  • Angel Soft toilet paper in a four-pak
  • Bounty paper towels
  • Kleenex facial tissues ~ both the traditional and purse sizes
  • Six pak of water
  • Awesome Laundy Pre-wash
~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

Try the Ginger Snap cookies.  Unbelievably good!