Esteemed Contributor

Doll 10 Blend Smart Makeup Brush

#269463  Doll 10 Blend Smart Rotating Blender Brush

Does anyone here have and use this foundation brush?   I just saw the presentation and it looks nifty, even tho a tad expensive (to me).   Any reviews on this?

Thank you

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Doll 10 Blend Smart Makeup Brush

I have had it for a couple of months and I do like it.  I don't think you use any less make-up (at least I don't).  I put the make up my skin and then go over it with the brush. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you're talking about her electric makeup brush I have it and been using it and it does a great job, but it can't beat the Artis brushes I just purchased.  I won't be using Doris's brush for quite some time since the Artis brushes gives you a flawless finish. 

Respected Contributor

BlingQueen.....Do you think the Atris brushes are worth the investment?  I'm seriously considering them.  I use liquid foundation and setting powder.  Do they work as well with liquid as they do in the demo with powder foundations?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

BlingQueen.....Do you think the Atris brushes are worth the investment?  I'm seriously considering them.  I use liquid foundation and setting powder.  Do they work as well with liquid as they do in the demo with powder foundations?

Hi Tigriss:  Yes, the Artis is well worth the money, but let me tell you what I did.  I like the set that the Q was selling, but I didn't like the fact that they didn't include another large oval brush.  I don't like to share a blush brush with a foundation brush.  I went on Amazon and purchased a number 8 foundation brush for 70 dollars.  I'm glad I did because that number 8 Artis brush was perfect for applying my liquid foundation and it got in all the small places even though the brush is large.  Now I have a complete set for me, foundation brush, blush brush, eye shadow bruch and liner brush.  The artis brushes are the best I have ever used. 

Please go back to my thread on review of Artis brush.  I posted a reply to you about using it with a liquid foundation and it was a foundation I didn't care for and I love it because of the Artis brush I used.  

Valued Contributor

I am certainly not an expert on make up brushes, and don't normally spend a lot of money on them. But the inventor of the Doris Dalton brush is from Texas, and I read about him in a local newspaper so I asked for and received this as a Mother's Day present. I really like it. I do use less liquid foundation, and plan on buying the second brush for loose powder foundation. It does give a nice finish, and covers pores very well. Whether it is as good as super expensive brushes, I cannot say. But it is definitely better than tarte brushes or those that come with Laura Geller or IT cosmetics.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks all - even tho, I'm definitely not interested in the Artis (?) brushes.  $70 for one brush??!!??  Not happenin'

I'm not as excited about the Doll 10 'motorized' brush today as I was.  Stepping away from the TV brought me back to reality.   I applied my foundation with my good ole double-ended IT brush this morning and, really folks, nothing works better for me. 

Cotto222 -- I'm happy to hear it's made in the USA!  So few products are these days.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt