Respected Contributor

Does anyone use cleansing oil 2x per day?

I've been using Dr. Young's at night for the past few weeks. I'm really liking it. It melts my makeup Off and doesn't leave me dry. Does anyone also use it for their morning cleanse? I've used it two mornings in a row because my usual AM cleanser is leaving me red and dry.
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone use cleansing oil 2x per day?

Since June, I've been using only organic pumpkin seed oil as my skin care. I rub it in for 2 minutes, steam my face with a microfiber cloth, then wipe away (I do the steam and wipe 3 times). Until 2 or so weeks ago, I did it every day, twice a day. Though I saw a change in my skin (I'm an acne sufferer), I wasn't getting exactly the results I wanted, so I switched to water only in the morning and oil at night.

That being said, if you'd like to use a cleansing oil twice a day, I'd say go for it. Give it a try and see how your skin reacts. Everyone's different. The biggest thing is to take a look at, and ultimately feel confident in, the ingredient deck. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I get cleansing oil samples from DHC all the time. I use them and they really work great on my skin. Does anyone know anything about the quality/purity of the products from this company since it is imported from Japan? I'd really like to order a large size, that's how much I like it, but I am so leery of imports from Japan especially after their nuclear plant was damaged.

Honored Contributor

I use my cleansing oil only at night, primarily to remove every last trace of makeup. I use my milk cleanser in the morning.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I only use oil at night. I use PC Moisture Boost cleanser in the am with my Foreo. I prefer using the Foreo with a non-oil based cleanser

Honored Contributor

I'm just a nighttime user.  But if you want to use it twice a day, go for it.  The skin cleansing police won't be knocking down your door anytime soon.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

No. I use an oil cleanser with my Foreo Luna Mini at night. In the morning, I usually don't use a cleanser at all, I just use water. When my skin was oilier I used a cleanser in the AM, but now my skin has been dryer and water works.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I get cleansing oil samples from DHC all the time. I use them and they really work great on my skin. Does anyone know anything about the quality/purity of the products from this company since it is imported from Japan? I'd really like to order a large size, that's how much I like it, but I am so leery of imports from Japan especially after their nuclear plant was damaged.

I used to get catalogs from them and always thought their products looked nice.  Never tried them though. 

Trusted Contributor

I only use DHC cleansing oil at night.  It is a tremendous makeup remover and cleanser.  In the morning, I use a very mild DHC bar cleanser on a soft wash cloth and very quickly go over my face, 30-45 seconds and rinse.