Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use a mascara primer that really works?

i use lancome cils booster xl mascara base, then a layer of IT cosmetics tightline, then my mascara (i rotate mascaras but my current favorite is lancome grandiose).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

The best one I have ever used is made by Blinc.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you ladies! I will check them all out! 

Trusted Contributor

I have read on many beauty blogs that using a clear mascara is as good or better than any mascara primer you can buy.

Trusted Contributor

My daughter uses a fairly new mascara called youngtique.  It comes in a set with a primer, mascara and a finishing coat.  She says she can put it on before she leaves the house at 6:30 a.m. and it is on until 9:00 p.m. with no flakes, crumbling or smears.  I think she said it is around $28.00.

Trusted Contributor

I love Lancome Cils.  It's pricey, but sometimes you can get a travel size with 100 points at Sephora.  Sometimes I'll pick up a couple that way.  I've also tried Dior and I don't like it as much.  My sister loves it though.  Everyone's different.  I would like to try Clinique's one day.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

Physician's Formula has one now!

I looked on their website and didn't see it.  Does it have a specific name?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried the Urban Decay Subversion and also the Lancome Cils XL primers? Is there a difference between the two and did anyone have a preference of one over the other?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks one of my gfs actually sells this and I was intrigued but thought it was a lot for a product I would only use for special occasions so I got one similar on Amazon called lash beauty. It's the same concept as younique 3D fiberlash 

Respected Contributor

I like IT's Tightline as a primer.  

I've also used the Ready to Wear fibers and had very good luck. The trick is to use a wetter mascara as your bottom and top coats and to to tap off the excess on the fiber brush before applying.  I get no flakes and the effect is very false lashes-looking.

~Enough is enough~