Trusted Contributor

Does anyone like Mally's new shadow sticks?

Does anyone like the new formulation of Mally's shadow sticks?  I was looking at them in Ulta and found a few colors that were nice, but I've read on this board numerous times that the formula changed and they're no longer bulletproof like the old sticks (I love the old sticks).  I've read more negative reviews than positive ones.  Anyone like the new shadow sticks?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone like Mally's new shadow sticks?

I never used the old ones, but I bought her sets of 3 when they were recently a One Day Only sale, and I love them! I bought both color choices, and only 1 of the sticks disappointed me, but I don't think it was a good color choice for me anyway. The rest last all day, even without a primer, and they are really smooth to apply. I usually use Laura Mercier shadow sticks, but these were much better price wise and were the same quality.
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone like Mally's new shadow sticks?

Sorry I do not. I tried 4 or 5 of them that came in a set and they were awful. I tried them with and without a primer and both times the creased and faded rather quickly and I do not have oily lids and rarely have that issue with any other eyeshadows even without primer. Very disappointed in how the quality went down. I know they used to be made in Italy but are now made in China so that could explain a bit of the quality issue.