Respected Contributor

Does Josie even use this stuff???

I got the once only that included the cleansing oil and daily exfoliating powder. I thought i would give the cleansing oil another chance. It is horrible.  It is like glue, no slip to it at all. I had used it when it first came out and liked it. then after a couple of purchases, it changed . I have used many cleansing oils before so i know what it should be like. I do really like the powder . I just can't see Josie even putting this stuff on her face. Any opinions ?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Josie even use this stuff???

I haven't tried the powder but love the cleansing oil. If you use enough water, it just glides over the skin and removes all makeup. I don't have any problem with it
Trusted Contributor

I've only used one bottle of her cleansing oil so far...then I wanted to try BE's, and I'm still using that...

I have about 1/4 of the BE left.....I like both of them and was thinking of going back to Josie's again...wonder if some of them are old possibly ?  I never had a problem with it as long as I had the right amount of water with it.

I notice plenty of reviews don't care for it though.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Valued Contributor

I do not like her products. Her lipsticks are dry and difficult to apply. Her oils and body butters are no better than anything else. Her mascara is terrible, clumpy and flaky. Difficult to appy with the brush.

I keep buying her products and not using them. The only product I have reordered and continue to use is her sunscreen. It works well but does make your skin look whiter. I apply it, let it soak in for 10 minutes and wipe my face to remove some of the white. Too much hype with her products.

Trusted Contributor

I personally find that all of her products that I have tried are no different or no better than similar products that are on the market by larger companies. I don't believe she has anything new undeer the sun. She does want us all to believe that she "discovered, invented, and created" Argan Oil, but we all know better. It has been on the marlet since before she was born ! Adrianne Arpel has been selling it for years, along with many other companies. It goes back to Roman days I believe I read somewhere.

Anyway, her products are as decent as anyone's I suppose, but I haven't found them to be better enough to support my being a followerer and user. I find other products from vendors at QVC that I like much better. 

(And for that I am grateful because I just can't tolerate watching her anyway. I want to put some decent clothes on her and I don't care for the "baby doll" act.)

But to each his or her own I guess.

Valued Contributor

I hate it too!  A $30.00 waste of money!

Esteemed Contributor

I used one bottle of her oil a few years ago when it was offered as part of a TSV. I actually did enjoy it but I did not repurchase.

I would have to disagree with you ladies about her body butters. I believe that  they are some of the best that our currently out in the market.

Honored Contributor

I did not repurchase that oil for the reasons you mention. It can be like trying to rub tar all over your face.

I got it as part of a TSV set and didn't want to return the whole set, so here's how I made it work for me.

Make sure your face and hands are completely dry. It's water that turns it into a mess, so make sure none gets near it until you're ready to rinse. If I brushed my teeth before using it, I would wipe my mouth and then wait before I washed my face.

When you put it on, use a fair amount, which will provide more slip if your face and hands are totally dry. Massage it for a a while, because you won't be able to once you add any water.

Use a LOT of water. If you just get your fingers damp, it turns to tar. Really get your whole face and hands wet when you're ready to rinse OR use a soaking wet washcloth to get it wet.

Once I figured out the water reaction and was able to adapt, it became usable, but I never enjoyed it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are so many cleansing oils out there that are far better. Her argan cleansing balm is much better.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I got the once only that included the cleansing oil and daily exfoliating powder. I thought i would give the cleansing oil another chance. It is horrible.  It is like glue, no slip to it at all. I had used it when it first came out and liked it. then after a couple of purchases, it changed . I have used many cleansing oils before so i know what it should be like. I do really like the powder . I just can't see Josie even putting this stuff on her face. Any opinions ?

I agree, it is horrible. One of the wost cleasing oils out there. It is thick like honey and spreads just as easily. It also leaves an odd taste in my mouth even though I don't wash my face with my mouth open. It is the only cleanser I've ever used that leaves a taste in my mouth!!??

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I agree, it is horrible. One of the wost cleasing oils out there. It is thick like honey and spreads just as easily. It also leaves an odd taste in my mouth even though I don't wash my face with my mouth open. It is the only cleanser I've ever used that leaves a taste in my mouth!!??

Oh my gosh, YES! I had totally forgotten about that awful taste! How weird and terrible is that? I'd clamp my lips shut and STILL... yuck!