Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a lot of makeup?

It is embarrassing to me how much makeup I have. I just went through my makeup and skincare this weekend and got rid of old makeup and gave still good makeup I haven't used a lot or opened yet to about 10-12 different people. I still have a couple of people who are going to take a look to see if there is anything they want. I gave most of my unopened makeup to one of the charities I am involved in.

I still have probably over 100 lipsticks and glosses, at least a dozen foundations, mascaras and eyeliners. I have maybe 20 or so eyeshadow palettes even after my purge. I have easily over 100 makeup brushes and I gave away one of my Bobbi Brown full brush sets. I have a ton of ELF eyeshadow brushes but I do like that have a lot of those that way I don't have to wash brushes so often.

I definitely don't need anything new but there is just something about a shiny new lipgloss, foundations or palettes that just call to me. Right now my absolute favorite foundation is from Wet N Wild. It is the Photofocus one and I just love this $6 foundation. I think it is just as good as my much more expensive Armani Luminous Silk foundation which is a favorite of mine.

I have really made a pledge though to not buy any new makeup. Even if I use it everyday, I can only use so much so it is a waste and something I am really working on. When I watched a beauty youtuber video showing  their stash and I had around the same amount she did, I said this needs to stop. I have tried to avoid threads talking about new products so I don't feel tempted to get anything else. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

It is embarrassing to me how much makeup I have. I just went through my makeup and skincare this weekend and got rid of old makeup and gave still good makeup I haven't used a lot or opened yet to about 10-12 different people. I still have a couple of people who are going to take a look to see if there is anything they want. I gave most of my unopened makeup to one of the charities I am involved in.

I still have probably over 100 lipsticks and glosses, at least a dozen foundations, mascaras and eyeliners. I have maybe 20 or so eyeshadow palettes even after my purge. I have easily over 100 makeup brushes and I gave away one of my Bobbi Brown full brush sets. I have a ton of ELF eyeshadow brushes but I do like that have a lot of those that way I don't have to wash brushes so often.

I definitely don't need anything new but there is just something about a shiny new lipgloss, foundations or palettes that just call to me. Right now my absolute favorite foundation is from Wet N Wild. It is the Photofocus one and I just love this $6 foundation. I think it is just as good as my much more expensive Armani Luminous Silk foundation which is a favorite of mine.

I have really made a pledge though to not buy any new makeup. Even if I use it everyday, I can only use so much so it is a waste and something I am really working on. When I watched a beauty youtuber video showing  their stash and I had around the same amount she did, I said this needs to stop. I have tried to avoid threads talking about new products so I don't feel tempted to get anything else. 

@Irshgrl31201...but you are in the Beauty business and having and trying a lot keeps you informed and very knowledgable .. You have every excuse to be someone on top of the newest and your having a lot of variety is understandable. Many of your recommendations are always some of the best I have tried and bought. 

Thanks for for the tip on the foundation...

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201...but you are in the Beauty business and having and trying a lot keeps you informed and very knowledgable .. You have every excuse to be someone on top of the newest and your having a lot of variety is understandable. Many of your recommendations are always some of the best I have tried and bought. 

Thanks for for the tip on the foundation...

@Trinity11, you are giving me an excuse!! lol! I don't need anymore!

That really means a lot to me and I am glad you have found some to be some of the best you have tried. That is great to hear. 

I looked for the Wet n Wild foundation for months and it was always sold out in its entirety or just had so few color selections with nothing close to my shade. It gives me such a natural look but gives coverage too. Not a ton but it can be built up if need be. I remember back in the day when the only thing I liked from Wet N Wild was there 666 lipliner (which I still use) and their eyeshadows were nice and blendable with good color pay off. They have seriously stepped their game up. They have a lot of great products. Their highlighter (Megaglo, Precious Petals) is my current favorite. You can either do one swipe for a nice subtle glowy sheen or go with a stiffer brush and get your Khloe Kardashian on. Not bad for $5.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK