Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite perfume?

I've always liked White Shoulders and Lily of the Valley  but my absolute all time favorite is Chrystelle by Chanel.It is a clean, floral but not at all heavy scent.

Respected Contributor

I switch up depending on mood - Jimmy Choo some days and when I want a lighter scent my go to is Eternity by Calvin Cline.  

Respected Contributor

Madagascar Vanilla!

Valued Contributor

I did love Amazing Grace until it was murdered. Currently J'dore, Miss Dior Cherie and an original bottle of Tova that I'm hoarding.

Respected Contributor

Chanel # 5  since the sixties

Regular Contributor

Christian Dior's "Hypnotic Poison" and Lancome's "La Vie Est Belle."  I get compliments from complete strangers every day of the week when I wear either of these two.

Honored Contributor

@Gsmom those two perfumes you listed I like too.

I like Casharel Anais Anais

Givenchy III

Gucci Bamboo

Nest Black Tulip & Midnight Fleur

Givenchy Dahlia Divan 

Lancome Midnight Rose

to name a few.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

This is an easy question for me.

Channel No 5

L'air du temps.

Wnite Shoulders

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I like many of the French classics--  L'heure Bleue by Guerlain,  Nuit de Noel by Caron, Rive Gauche by Yves St. Laurent, Calandre by Paco Rabanne, Caleche by Hermes, and Vent Vert by Balmain( that was one of Jackie Onassis' favorites.)

But most are too expensive for me.  So I've made a game of finding great scents at lower or "drugstore" prices.  Some I really like:

Ici by Coty--  Ici is one of the few great scents with an actual "cocoa" undertone that is mesmerizing!   Just a tiny hint of chocolate, plus other heady elements, including vanilla.

Wind Song by Prince Matchabelli--  It's a dead ringer for the more expensive "L'air du Temps".   An airy, delicate floral.

Toujours Moi by Corday (I think)--  A deep Oriental scent that is soft, non-invasive and long-lasting.

L'Origan by Coty--   Another sultry Oriental that was the "signature scent" of ballerina Karin von Aroldingen, one of George Balanchine's favorite dancers.

Charlie by Revlon--  This one is a bit more controversial-- it is pretty persistent and noticeable!  But for some reason it works with my chemistry and I get compliments on it.  What I love is the deep note of carnations you can detect in it.  My mother wore it, along with Halston by Halston and Quelque Fleurs by Houbigant.  I thought she always smelled wonderful...

I still love Wind Song!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I like many of the French classics--  L'heure Bleue by Guerlain,  Nuit de Noel by Caron, Rive Gauche by Yves St. Laurent, Calandre by Paco Rabanne, Caleche by Hermes, and Vent Vert by Balmain( that was one of Jackie Onassis' favorites.)

But most are too expensive for me.  So I've made a game of finding great scents at lower or "drugstore" prices.  Some I really like:

Ici by Coty--  Ici is one of the few great scents with an actual "cocoa" undertone that is mesmerizing!   Just a tiny hint of chocolate, plus other heady elements, including vanilla.

Wind Song by Prince Matchabelli--  It's a dead ringer for the more expensive "L'air du Temps".   An airy, delicate floral.

Toujours Moi by Corday (I think)--  A deep Oriental scent that is soft, non-invasive and long-lasting.

L'Origan by Coty--   Another sultry Oriental that was the "signature scent" of ballerina Karin von Aroldingen, one of George Balanchine's favorite dancers.

Charlie by Revlon--  This one is a bit more controversial-- it is pretty persistent and noticeable!  But for some reason it works with my chemistry and I get compliments on it.  What I love is the deep note of carnations you can detect in it.  My mother wore it, along with Halston by Halston and Quelque Fleurs by Houbigant.  I thought she always smelled wonderful...

@Oznell

I like a lot of these you have listed. I use to wear L'Origan by Coty a lot many years ago. It's a hard one to find anymore. Now I have Coty's airspun powder and that has the same fragrance in it as L'Origan has.