Respected Contributor

Do you get the cellophane or gloss on your Wenhair?

I have a new stylist who keeps wanting me to get a gloss or cellophane. I used to prior to WEN but after my hair improved so much, I didn't feel it was necessary. I also know she is expected to try to up-sale. My old stylist had already given up trying to get me to add on things my WEN hair didn't need or getting trims all the time. So for an objective view, I come to you ladies. I know some of your colour your hair, but other than that, do you think the cellophane is a good idea, or that we really need that? I hesitate to do something else I have to keep up and pay for, plus it would be on the length of all this new healthy WEN hair, which bugs me. Opinions, please.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you get the cellophane or gloss on your Wenhair?

Is that something like hair color? I get highlights 2 or 3 times a year - how would that compare? Since you are more familiar with the treatment, it's up to you. If it can damage your hair, you might want to steer clear if you don't want to take a chance with your hair.
Honored Contributor

Kjelle,

My stylist of >20 years says that with my new Wonderful Wen hair I don't need to add a thing! I have amazing shine from Wen!

I have temporary highlights combed through @ every 6 mos.

Do you think your hair needs anything?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I have no idea what those processes are, but they sound like things intended to add shine to your hair. I would say trust your instincts. Which do you think you are more likely to regret--doing it or not doing it? I'm thinking of a bad perm I had in high school (hairdresser wouldn't listen when I told her the rods she used were too small). Don't let yourself get talked into something that doesn't feel right to you.

Valued Contributor

Cellophane is just an extra treatment to give your hair shine & make it silky soft....I have it every few months....It won't damage your hair...Actually it makes my hair to soft..

Respected Contributor

Nick Chavez used to sell a great item called Cellugloss (sp?) or something like that. I used it on my hair when I wanted an amazing shine. My hair is healthy and I do use WEN. My colorist has never recommended a cellophane but if Nick started selling it again I'd be stocking up.

If you think your hair is as shiny as it can get because of WEN save your money. But if it would brighten your color even more you might consider it. I wonder how long the shine lasts; would it shampoo out?

Respected Contributor

The cellophane seemed to add shine and when my hair was in bad shape and seemed to help me keep things together in the last two weeks or so before I went to get my relaxer touch up after 8-9 weeks. They can use colour in it, but I mainly always got clear. She thinks it smooths the hair shaft. However, I don't have split ends since WEN and it's not dry. Drythe, I really don't think it needs anything! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I just thought I'd ask if you ladies thought I might be overlooking anything. I am not going to do it. Thanks, Everybody!

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

You could also do the cellophane yourself especially if you do the clear. It is a product by Sebastian.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cellophane+sebastian&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=4966478...

Respected Contributor

On 2/7/2015 Alexa6352 said:

Cellophane is just an extra treatment to give your hair shine & make it silky soft....I have it every few months....It won't damage your hair...Actually it makes my hair to soft..

I had this a while ago from a former hairdresser. I never saw much of a difference and it was just another way for her to charge more for my color and cut. She was a local hairdresser who charged high prices for not being located in a major city and I would sometimes have an appointment at 5:00 and not leave until 8:00. I went to her for a very short-time since not only did she charge ridiculous prices but I also would be at the salon for hours.

Respected Contributor

Cellophane washes out after X amount of washings. If you wash your hair everyday, the effects will be gone in less than a month.