Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

And there you are, spending more than you need to and feeling inadequate if you don't keep doing it. Their marketing campaigns worked, didn't they?

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

Never been a fan of drugstore cosmetics or skincare. Has nothing to do with how high end makes me ""feel"". Just like the quality.

Valued Contributor

Nope. Either way, cheap or more expensive, if my face is "done" a bit and my skin looks good, I feel good. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Silver Lining said:
On 7/23/2014 kemiqueen said: Aww girl, just use what works best for u and don't get hung up on brand names. I'm a makeup artist, and my kit includes everything from drug store to professional labels. I don't turn away from trying something just bc the price is cheap. I look for things that don't irritate, have good color pay-off, and are long wearing. I do like pricier mascara bc I find it doesn't dry out as quickly and lashes seem healthier. Good quality brushes make a difference too. On a side note: My obsession with beauty has caused me so many problems, and I know how powerful the need to feel pretty can be. Don't let it rule your world. Best of luck to u, dear.

kemi, what are your favorite brands for brushes? I have a large variety, including even the ELF studio line which is actually good for my purposes. I have two or three cosmetic bags/cases that I keep stocked and ready since I have overnight trips several times a month.

Most of my brushes r Bare Minerals bc I used to work there and got a ton for free. I also like Too Faced "Teddy Bear Hair" brushes. They have super soft synthetic bristles if u like cruelty-free.
Honored Contributor

No, I don't really pay attention to that kind of thing- what makes me feel the best is having great looking skin and hair and staying in shape, the rest is gravy. Smiley Happy

I do want to say that I don't really have very much drugstore products, mainly because the majority test on animals. Out of the few drugstore things I have, they are from Physicians formula and only one out of the three items I actually like.

Super Contributor

No one can detect if your wearing highend or DS products if it flatters your skin, eyes, lips etc. I have both & enjoy both. Prettier packaging yes. Highend shouldn't make you feel you look prettier because of the price tag. Look within yourselfSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No, I just stick with what works for me.

Super Contributor

For a short time period I felt I needed high end and oddly that occurred when I started to watch the shopping channels. Before that I just used DS brands. Neither makes me feel prettier than the other. Now I just buy what works for me because if it works for me I feel good about myself. I really don't use many DS brands but I use inexpensive Korean products that have good for you ingredients. My mascara, eyebrow pencil and eyeliner are higher end but they work for me. My skin care is ASDM, JM and Purity so basically most of my skin care is even under 35.00.

Respected Contributor

No way. I couldn't care less about high-end brands sold by SAs wearing white lab coats.

I love a bargain.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

The cost doesn't matter. I feel prettier period.