Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you do your own pedi?

I do my own manicures and pedicures...I enjoy doing it myself and as long as I can do so without any hardship, I'll continue!

I also have an issue with people touching my feet...and leg massage?  No thank you!  I could never have a back massage done by a professional either.  Just hate the thought of a stranger touching my back...and I'm not a prude....honest!!!!

I could easily have a manicure though, that doesn't bother me except I'm in the category of others who have said they rather spend that money elsewhere.  That's how I feel...would rather do my own nails and buy clothes or makeup with the money I save....or put it in my vacation fund. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you do your own pedi?

[ Edited ]

@sharlee wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

I do my manis/pedis myself because I have a steady hand and really nice nails.  Then I use what I've saved on a good haircut every six weeks because my thin, baby fine, straight hair is a curse!

We may have been twins separated at birth, LOL!  Your story is mine exactly, down to the last fine, wispy strand of hair.

Oh, and besides, I'm another who can't bear anyone messing with her feet - my toes are curling just thinking about it!

@sharlee Nice to know that I'm not alone in my misery, lol. The only good thing about this miserable hair is that at 67 I still have almost no gray.  My mom and her father had this same hair (light brown/ dk.blonde, baby fine, straight) , and neither one had much change in color as they aged.  I feel that it's a cosmic reward for having hair that is lacking in oh so many ways. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett