Honored Contributor

Re: Do you bring your own nail polish to the salon for a mani/pedi?

I guess that kind of surprises me.  Seems to me like they're certainly saving money on those who bring their own, but maybe it's not enough to make a difference.  I've just started going for gel manicures and my salon has a hugh array of colors.  Certainly enough for me to choose from, at least for now.

Honored Contributor

I use Vinvlux polish on my toes and it cost more, also I know my polishes are pure and not doctored

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Yep, I take my own polish for touchups as needed.  I love the Sally Hansen gel polishes by the way.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking for myself I have never received a discount for supplying my own polish. It's not a big deal to me. Having my pedicures last longer are pay off enough for me. The salon could always come back and say we offer a gazillion colors so choose from one that we offer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I always bring my own products to the nail salon.  What is the use of getting a pro mani and not be able to touch it up, I go every 2 weeks and touch up in between. Never get a discount.

Honored Contributor

II don't go anymore, as they ruined my nails, and I got a fungus there.  Took forever to get clean!  Anyway, when I went I always brought my own polish, as I had favorites in Dior, Deborah Lippmann and Butter.  I also kind of get grossed out thinking they used the polish on someone else's toes!  I know there is not a chance of passing anything in polish as a rule, but it was the idea.  They never give a discount for bringing own polish.  I wouldn't think they would, and never asked.

Respected Contributor

Yes!   Always.   A lot of the polish at the nail shop is old, some so old you can see it separating in the bottle.  But my main reason is that, when I get a little chip and need a touch up, I have the color.  I think nothing is tackier than chipped nail polish.