Super Contributor

Do you Eat more water Or Drink more water?

I tend to eat more water than drink more water. This comes from many dermatogists who have skin care lines. Eating Raw Vegetables & Raw fruits, I find hydrates the skin much better than water. (Thats if you can afford to buy fresh veggie's & fruit) Of course, I drink water but the skin is so much more hydrated with Raw.

Many yrs. ago I read a book by Dr. Murad & found it to be very informative, sorry I don't have it now. I gave to a friend to read and didn't get it back. You can google & also find videos on this subject. I certainly do not stop using skin care especially Vit.C. Even tho we eat it, its much better absorbed topically, do you agree?

Do some of you eat more or drink more?

Super Contributor

Re: Do you Eat more water Or Drink more water?

I never drink JUST WATER. I do drink lots of herbal tea, cold and hot throughout the day. Never just water. I eat a very heathy diet full of vegetables and salmon. No carbs, or starch or sugar ever! I do have very good smooth skin at 58... of course use sunscreen, stay out of the sun as much as possible and use good skin care products such as retinol. I do not think drinking lots of water is going to give you good skin... I was just born with good skin. From a little girl, my friends mothers would comment on my pretty skin. I really think you are just born with it or not. And then your lifestyle will show up in later years. Good lifestyle, better results no matter what you are born with.

Super Contributor

I drink lots of water. I like it.

Raw food = bathroom.

Valued Contributor

I drink a lot of water -- maybe even too much! I have a 32 oz. container on my desk and I drink at least 4 a day, plus more with meals.

Valued Contributor

I drink a lot of water. I usually eat a lot of greens, not much fruit.

Super Contributor

On 7/2/2014 gazelle77 said:

I never drink JUST WATER. I do drink lots of herbal tea, cold and hot throughout the day. Never just water. I eat a very heathy diet full of vegetables and salmon. No carbs, or starch or sugar ever! I do have very good smooth skin at 58... of course use sunscreen, stay out of the sun as much as possible and use good skin care products such as retinol. I do not think drinking lots of water is going to give you good skin... I was just born with good skin. From a little girl, my friends mothers would comment on my pretty skin. I really think you are just born with it or not. And then your lifestyle will show up in later years. Good lifestyle, better results no matter what you are born with.

I appreciate your input, but I wasn' speaking of the benefits of Omega fats etc...which are all good for our skin or skin care or if we are born with good skin. I just think that eating raw vegetables & fruit on a daily basis does naturally hydrate the skin much more than just drinking water. I wasn't even talking about stress factors just hydration.

Super Contributor

On 7/2/2014 kabella said:

I appreciate your input, but I wasn' speaking of the benefits of Omega fats etc...which are all good for our skin or skin care or if we are born with good skin. I just think that eating raw vegetables & fruit on a daily basis does naturally hydrate the skin much more than drinking water. I wasn't even talking about stress factors just hydration.

water is water to our bodies, whether it comes from food or drink. I do not think it matters where the hydration comes from.

Super Contributor

On 7/2/2014 ennui1 said:

I drink lots of water. I like it.

Raw food = bathroom. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

LOL! ennu1! Oh, I like water too but that wasn't my point. Do you like salads? For instance, for lunch I had baby lettuce mixed with arugula, baby spinach with chopped Zucchini & a half tomato a few sicilan olives with olive oil, balsamic vinegar with a small wheat wrap.

Does that sounds awful to you? I do like my pasta lol!

Super Contributor

I appreciate your input, but I wasn' speaking of the benefits of Omega fats etc...which are all good for our skin or skin care or if we are born with good skin. I just think that eating raw vegetables & fruit on a daily basis does naturally hydrate the skin much more than drinking water. I wasn't even talking about stress factors just hydration.

water is water to our bodies, whether it comes from food or drink. I do not think it matters where the hydration comes from.

Drinking too much water flushes thru our system, wheras raw V's Or F's retains more which gives our skin more hydration. Not only that we all know the benefits of having hydrated skin.
I agree to disagree.....

Super Contributor

Drinking too much water flushes thru our system, wheras raw V's Or F's retains more which gives our skin more hydration. Not only that we all know the benefits of having hydrated skin.
I agree to disagree.....

I guess I would have to see the science behind your theory that water is "retained more" coming from raw fruit and vegetables...... or that water you drink is flushed through the system(?). If you are just talking H2O2 and not electrolites, minerals and such found in the vegetables.... I do not see how drinking H2O2 would be any different from the H2O2 found in fruit and vegetables.