Honored Contributor

Do You Want Thicker & Healthier Hair Permanently?

[ Edited ]

I was unaware this was possible but I was reading an article today how you can achieve thicker and healthier hair.  also, procyanidin-B2+ helps promote growth.  Here are two products that are for long-term help:

1.  Dr. Dennis Gross Root Resilence anti-aging scalp serum $54 for thicker hair and promotes growth. 

2.  Women's Rogaine Foam 5% Minoxidil Topical aerosol $29.99 for a two month supply.  This is the maximum amount of Minoxidil allowed for over the counter. This is for hair loss. and promotes growth.

Please note that no. 2 takes about 6 months for results.  It does not mention how long no.1 will take but both are long term solutions.

Products we use now are basically a fix.  Plump up the hair and it shampoos out.  If you are willing to be patient, and do a little more research, this may be an answer for you.  This article is in Redbook Sept. issue.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Want Thicker & Healthier Hair Permanently?

@Katcat1 wrote:

I was unaware this was possible but I was reading an article today how you can achieve thicker and healthier hair.  also, procyanidin-B2+ helps promote growth.  Here are two products that are for long-term help:

1.  Dr. Dennis Gross Root Resilence anti-aging scalp serum $54 for thicker hair and promotes growth. 

2.  Women's Rogaine Foam 5% Minoxidil Topical aerosol $29.99 for a two month supply.  This is the maximum amount of Minoxidil allowed for over the counter. This is for hair loss. and promotes growth.

Please note that no. 2 takes about 6 months for results.  It does not mention how long no.1 will take but both are long term solutions.

Products we use now are basically a fix.  Plump up the hair and it shampoos out.  If you are willing to be patient, and do a little more research, this may be an answer for you.  This article is in Redbook Sept. issue.  Cat HappyCat Happy

@Katcat1 Thanks soooo much! I'd post a "like"..if I could lol. I will look into this ASAP you betcha.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Where was the article?  Did they site any studies/research?  

Hope it really does what they claim.  Sure would make a lot of folks happy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last I heard, 5% minoxidil was for men.  They recommend the 2.5% for women because the higher concentration can cause unsightly hair growth elsewhere on the body.  You can get generic minoxidil in any drugstore.  I recommend the unscented.  I have occasional small bald spots from alopecia areata and have used the 2.5% minoxidil for that, but with or without treatment it grows back in about three months.

Also, minoxidil is only effective for hair recently lost in those with genetic pattern baldness.  One has to use it continuously or the balding will start up again.

Honored Contributor

I went on a low fat diet to lose weight and my hair and nails did not do well with that. I started taking Andrew Lessman Hair,skin and nails vitamins and his collegen supplements - wow - what an improvement in hair and especially in my nails.My hair is thicker, shiny and healthy. I think once hair grows out of your scalp there is little you can do to improve it, as hair is dead.You have to improve it internally, before it grows out.

Trusted Contributor

I have been using the dr gross hair serum for about 3 years. It is expensive but I think it has helped my hair become thicker in the temple area.... I also take DHT blocker vitamins... which help to block the hormones that can cause hair loss in men and women. Those two things.... plus hair vitamins.... plus not using hair color on my hair any more ..... using natural products on my hair..   I now have a healthy thick head of silver white hair at 60 past menopause now for over 15 years( early menopause)

My mother had thinning hair when she was my age... of course she did not have the options or knowledge available to her as we do now with the internet and technology  and such.

Honored Contributor

as I mentioned in my original thread above, it is in Redbook Sept. issue.  It's not a lenghty article but I found it interesting as I was unaware about products to promote thicker hair & growth.  Perhaps you can Google the topic too.  Good luck.Cat HappyCat Happy

@Bella Carro wrote:

Where was the article?  Did they site any studies/research?  

Hope it really does what they claim.  Sure would make a lot of folks happy.

kindness is strength