Contributor

Re: Disappointed with my first Botox results. Has this happened to anybody else?

I get Botox to my number 11 area as well. Also have fairly deep lines in that area. I was warned it may not be enough and I may need some filler as well. However, after about 2 weeks, the area looked much much better. Not perfect but good enough that I decided to forego expensive filler. I'm told to be sure to get it done regularly as the subsequent injections will provide even more improvement. I've found that to be true and so I get the injections about every 4 months.
Valued Contributor

Re: Disappointed with my first Botox results. Has this happened to anybody else?

Good morning, Maren! This did happen to me. The doctor I went to was surprised as well. It took her three times to get the dosage high enough so that I actually could not move the area. After that, I was happy with the results. Good luck to you! I no longer get Botox due to changes in my financial situation, but I loved it and I thought it was easy as well.
Regular Contributor

The first time I had it done 6 yrs ago, for the 11 and "railroad tracks" it did take about 2 weeks to look totally smooth plus full paralyzed feeling. My forehead looked smooth for a good 4 months then it starts to fade slowly.

My Dr ALWAYS says after a treatment, if I don't the full effect in a few weeks, to come back in for a few more weeks. I never had to go back, it always works. I have botox twice a year.

My Dr said she does not use fillers for the forehead at all.

Contributor

I had botox to my 11s about six years ago and one line went away completely and while the other just intensified. Decided it was not worth the money especially since I really don't know what it is doing to my body.

Super Contributor

I think you should follow up by going back to their office and asking them if the issue is that you just need a little more. 32 units doesn't sound like a lot for all of the areas you described. They probably go conservatively since you haven't had it before & then add more if needed so you don't end up with an unnatural paralyzed look. This is what my dr does. I've had to go back once to have them add & then I was super happy with the results. HTH! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

MarenSeattle - I was wondering if you had your mini adventure yet. I wish you had immediate results, but it really sounds like you found a great office with follow-up. I had Botox a few years ago...almost a decade now. I had 11 units on my forehead. My doc had me repeat the expressions over and over while he injected, until he was satisfied. I've not had it again, due to a million other things. I'd love to get it again. Good luck with your follow-up!!
Valued Contributor

Hi Marenseattle,

I live in the same area as you do, North of Seattle. So what is the cost for the Botox injections you received? If this is too personal to ask, I understand. I was just wondering. Also, did the Doc say that some of the creases were too deep to expect fabulous results?

I hope that after the two weeks all your lines are gone!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Had my first Botox for 11's on Nov.5 and the Dr. said that I had the strongest muscle he had ever seen between the brows: come back in 2 - 3 weeks for a booster if I feel I need it. Went to make my appointment but came down with bronchitis. Thanks to a poster above, I'll have to wait for two more weeks due to the antibiotics I had to take.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Regular Contributor

Please let us know how this evolves; I am thinking of doing my ""11's"" and very interested....this is the only thing on my face that bugs me; must have done a lot of frowning over the years as they are very deep; otherwise I would not ever be thought of as 64...which I am...thanks for the info; we all benefit from it!!!

Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 F1wild said: MarenSeattle - I was wondering if you had your mini adventure yet. I wish you had immediate results, but it really sounds like you found a great office with follow-up. I had Botox a few years ago...almost a decade now. I had 11 units on my forehead. My doc had me repeat the expressions over and over while he injected, until he was satisfied. I've not had it again, due to a million other things. I'd love to get it again. Good luck with your follow-up!!

F1wild, did you see my reply on another thread re: facial hair removal? I think you would benefit from a product I like, Vaniqa. HERE is my comment.

Lola