Honored Contributor

Re: Dimitri confirmed it on air...the Original Lip 6X Serum is discontinued!

@Shelbelle wrote:

I may like the new formula, old one was way too greasy, and way too heavy under lipstick or gloss.

@Shelbelle - yes, the new formula may work well for you since it was made to work under lipsticks or gloss for daytime use.

The original is a great overnight product. Please post if you buy the Pro to share your thoughts on the comparison.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I may like the new formula, old one was way too greasy, and way too heavy under lipstick or gloss.

@Shelbelle - yes, the new formula may work well for you since it was made to work under lipsticks or gloss for daytime use.

The original is a great overnight product. Please post if you buy the Pro to share your thoughts on the comparison.  

When Dimitri had Parthena in the 90's he had a Lip Wonder Serum, it was the worst product I have ever tried, so greasy, you could fry an egg on it, no lie!!!

Honored Contributor

Right now I am using Philopsphy Kiss Me Tonight, use it under lip gloss and at night, very nice texture, not greasy.

Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Gokat - I too don't understand why he would eliminate products that are well loved & continue to sell well. Except perhaps there is some issue with the ingredients-cost or availability or quality. Or is there some limit on the number of SKU's for manufacturing/inventory.  

Selling new/improved is typically done when sales fall off or some killer new ingredient is found.  I just didn't get the sense it was necessary to do this to the Stem Rejens, 24hr Youth or the 6X Serum.  Bummer Woman Sad

...or when the business goes under contract with a greedy HSC who offers seed dollars?  Just sayin', @Chi-town girl.Woman Wink

@Gokat - I think you are right! New, new, new is not always better or preferred. But sure gives a reason to raise the per unit price. It must be a tough spot for D, but I have been enjoying some of the new like Age Reset. Will just have to try & tweak regime as things develop.

I also see that Heather is not on as much with Skinn. Now she seems to be assigned to the newer beauty lines.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I didn't hear that exchange about the lip serum, but I did hear a caller ask him if he was still making the original YPC and he said no, but you'll like this one better.

Hmmm. he hardly sold any TTV's today and was still trying to sell yesterdays. I think he'll realize (and Evine) how much they lost in sales due to that horrendous shipping.

Ridiculous that you can get 2 170z jars of fango (2 lbs!) for 6.99 and one brush of his for 4.99. that couldbe put in an envelope and shipped for a postage stamp.

I had the neck amour in my cart and the chin up duos but canceled due to not wanting to pay $10 in shipping. Lost sales for Evine. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

ITA about Evine shipping,  I only order from them on free shipping days or $10 off credit days with their CC. I will not pay $7 just to ship almost every kit or item they offer.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! * cries* This is what we feared and I am not happy about it...glad I ordered 2 Lip6x super size at HL this time...if memory serves me correctly, Zulilly had their Skinn event a few weeks after HL so I will be watching for that...the Lip6x were 15 dollars on Zulilly! 

I understand that Evine is pressuring him for new product every month...and there just isn't that many "skin care ingredient revelations or break-thrus" for month to month new products...his reformulations, and this is MY opinion, were to cut costs...putting magic mineral water from the highest Alps Woman Indifferent sounds like a way to make the serum watered down (and the Elite is a watered down version!) Then he tinkered with the YPC and it is less rich (I compare them side by side on my face and just looking at the Elite version you can tell it is not a rich or thick...then he changed the dermaapeal and put it in that blasted tube (frustrating to get it all out!) now this lip6xpro which is ok but in no way compares to the original which I use at night for treatment...I liked the idea of a day and night lip6x but to get rid of the original? GRRRRRRRRRWoman Mad

I have half a mind to go to Cali, drive to CDL and set up a little meeting with D...say I want to start my own skincare line called Dazzler cosmetics Woman Wink...and I want the original stem rejen versions, original YPC version,and original Lip6x version! Then I can go about making many of us happy because he is going to reformulate me off his brand...what is next? DWP changes? I can't even imagine...here is hoping the Huielle Vital cream in April is a winner! I am already testing out new creams to replace his YPC ( Micheal Todd Damascus rose and I ordered Elysee Liposome cream for dry skin from hsn) and when I finally run out of original stem rejens, I suppose I will find something else ( I will keep using his lip stem rejen which I still love) 

Trusted Contributor

Holy Cow, I was just reading comments from yesterday on Evine's FB page advertising Dimitri's TTV. Comment after comment all said they would not be buying because of the shipping./ some customers said they had over $42 in shipping with what the had in their carts and they canceled. hE MUST NOT HAVE SOLD MUCH AT ALL THIS TIME!

And Evine had the exact same response to each comment:

We do appreciate you taking your time in providing us your feedback. I will forward your thoughts to the appropriate dept. Thanks

Seriously, their top seller and they didn't have 2.99 shipping across the board or free shipping on some of his kits? Steam must be coming out of his head by now. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

I think it is ashame what he is doing with all of his reformulations.  I know a lot of folks like the new formulas but so many don't and the shipping doesn't help.  I know I have not ordered much from him in a long time.  I am not one that likes the reformulations and don't understand why he would reformulate products with a cult following.

I will pay for shipping on some things if I think the total overall price is still good but it is not worth it when you are ordering a lot of kits or items. It adds up to a lot of money. 

I like Dimitri and feel bad for him but he really should listen to the customers. Sounds like people are starting to become unhappy.  He can't control the shipping but can on some other things and it seems like he is just evading the dissatisfaction.  

I am really enjoying the neck amour.  Thick and moisturizing and I would hate for it to change.  Hopefully, this will hold out since it is a newer product. 

I really miss the orig youth preservation cream.  

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

I didn't hear that exchange about the lip serum, but I did hear a caller ask him if he was still making the original YPC and he said no, but you'll like this one better.

Hmmm. he hardly sold any TTV's today and was still trying to sell yesterdays. I think he'll realize (and Evine) how much they lost in sales due to that horrendous shipping.

Ridiculous that you can get 2 170z jars of fango (2 lbs!) for 6.99 and one brush of his for 4.99. that couldbe put in an envelope and shipped for a postage stamp.

I had the neck amour in my cart and the chin up duos but canceled due to not wanting to pay $10 in shipping. Lost sales for Evine. 

@60sgirl  The Chin-Up duo is gone, but if you put your Neck Amour on A/D, you only pay shipping the first time.  All subsequent shipments ship free.