Valued Contributor

Re: Did anyone see this microdermabrasion tool shown on HSN?

Please be careful. The person showing it said to not worry if your face became red, like a sunburn, and tight. Something about skin turnover. Diamond tips can really take off some skin.

Valued Contributor

I ordered this in a previous presentation and really like it.  My skin is fair and slightly dry but my nose is very oily.  I use prescription Retin A with 4% hydroquinone at night and am still able to use this every 5 days or so on damp skin.  It really gets dead skin off.  I use it pretty gently and it is still effective.  I am glad I ordered it.  It is especially helping with any flaking skin I have from my creams.

Honored Contributor

Update! I used this tool for the first time today. I used it on damp skin( I used Skinn's Essense Water). It was very easy, and gentle. I am use to dermabration so for me there was no having to worry about over doing it. I will try it 2 to 3 times a week and see how it goes. I think I am going to love this!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased this on their last show of all day beauty....I've used it twice and cannot wait to use it again today.

I thought my skin was to thin and was nervous when I began...sooo happy I tried it. I only used it with water so far. I put cold water in a mason jar and dip the tool in and swirl it around then dip it in another one just to keep it a little cleaner while using it.

It really took the dead skin off my face in a breeze.  I had a dry spot on the inside bridge of my nose that it removed with one pass. I have dry skin..I'm 58 and was using exfoliating products regularly, but none remotely compared to this !

You should be very careful though, it would be easy to over do it and damage your skin if you don't use it as recommended. I do have some auto-immune issue's and thin skin..I'm hoping that this will help thicken it as I keep using it. It also claims to tighten pores, time will tell. I can only say it removes all the dry skin and anything else left on your face.. I use honey and shea butter serum, and moisturizer afterwards so far.

For me this is one product that actually does just as promised..yay !!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

FOUND IT!  SOLD OUT, ITEM # 485822

It must be sold out at HSN, does anyone have the item #?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

FOUND IT!  SOLD OUT, ITEM # 485822

It must be sold out at HSN, does anyone have the item #?

Thanks!

I went on YouTube, b4 I used mine... Looks like their website is under construction at BeeStunning for the DiamondBuff tool.  I'm not 100% on this but I think they used to be called Dermafile, and they had a fine, medium, and coarse tool.

I looked on Amaz..and ebay looking for others. I found one seller on ebay with 6 coarse left for a Dermafile....a new seller out of Denver Co. not sure what all can be put on here ?  $85. but no feedback. I figure they will replenish soon as they can. I definitely want a back up.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

485-822 is the correct item number, @AnnMarie-1 , and it is sold out at HSN for now.

I received mine last Friday and have used it once.  It's the best home exfoliator tool I've used thus far and IMO is a cut above anything I've seen for home use. 

I have exfoliated regularly for a long time with enzymatic treatments, masks, and peels...as well as tools for the same purpose.  This one really takes off the dead cells easily and quickly...and left my skin feelling smooth and fresh.  I mixed some Skinn am cleanser with filtered water in a small spray bottle and spritzed as I went along to keep my skin moist. 

I'm ready for another session today and I'm looking forward to it.  I've experienced some tightening already with only one session.  Woman Happy

I did some research as well before purchasing mine, @deja vu , and posted above that I felt that this is a version of the Dermafile originally available to the professional market only. 

The marketing was turned over to the vendor that is appearing at HSN with the version deemed usable for home use.  She mentioned that there are exciting future developments coming.  I personally think that will involve bringing in the three levels of files for home use...fine, medium and coarse (and their recommended uses).  

There are many videos at "the tube" that demonstrate and review the Diamondbuff and Dermafile.  I recommend that anyone thinking about purchasing and/or using the product take a look at them.  Very informative. HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Regular Contributor

I have it and really like it a lot. I've used it several times and it really does a great job. Definitely worth the price.