Honored Contributor

Did anyone see this microdermabrasion tool shown on HSN?

[ Edited ]

DiamondBuff™ Microdermabrasion Exfoliation Tool

From your unique wardrobe to your carefully applied makeup, you're all about making your look shine. This microdermabrasion tool makes it easy to exfoliate your skin and discover a more even-looking skin tone. Made of surgical stainless steel and finely crushed diamonds, it also helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. So take your style to the next level — we can help it happen.

What You Get
  • DiamondBuff microdermabrasion tool
  • User's manual

Good to Know
  • Results are usually immediate and noticeable. Results may vary.
  • Microdermabrasion is not recommended to keratosis sufferers, people with undiagnosed lesions, active rosacea or acne, weeping acne (stages 3 to 4), diabetes, auto-immune disorders, fragile capillaries, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis or lupus.
  • Recent laser surgery or Accutane acne treatment may also be sound reasons for your doctor not to recommend microdermabrasion. Discuss your medical history with your doctor if unsure

It  costs about 60 dollars... but there is nothing to have to refill or order again.  I watched the presentation an decided it was worth trying for over 90 4plus star reviews.  If 92 people think it is pretty good, I feel that is enough for me to see for myself.  I will let you know how it works out once I try it for a few weeks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see this microdermabrasion tool shown on HSN?

I did see that the other day. Thought it was an interesting concept. At least you don't have to buy replacement blades like the gadget Q was selling. I was wondering how long it would last before you have to replace the whole thing. I would assume eventually it would not work as well as it does when it's new but not sure. Let me know what you think about it after you use it. Looks like it was easily cleaned with a nail brush.

Honored Contributor

I did see that and wonder how well it works. Do report back what you think!!

Honored Contributor

I have a heel buffer with a diamond surface.  Diamond isn't supposed to dull, so the tool you're looking at may not have refills.

Honored Contributor

I have a microderm device that uses steel diamond tips. The tips never need replacing and are very effective at exfoliating. Sometimes I use just the tips without putting them onto my (suction) device and that seems to work well also.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I was considering it too. Certainly beats the you-know-what out of the one the creepy girl was selling on the Q with all the moving parts, cleanser that you had to use, and the expensive replacement pieces!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I was considering it too. Certainly beats the you-know-what out of the one the creepy girl was selling on the Q with all the moving parts, cleanser that you had to use, and the expensive replacement pieces!

@Andreatoo   Exactly!  I have one that is electric and has tips you need to replaced.....it is just too much work. This looks simple and that is what I want.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did see the demo, @SeaMaiden ,  and it looks to be effective, and no extra add-ons needed.  The diamond head will last probably longer than we will, if taken care of as suggested.Woman Wink  Think I'll give it a try

This must be a pared-down-for-home-use version of the dermafile some estheticians use that are for professional use only. 

I noticed when I read some of the reviews that some with thinner, sensitive skin, did have a problem so I guess I'd go with a lighter touch to begin with.  

There are several videos on the tube that demo the use, and it looks pretty effective for resurfacing and exfoliating.  

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I own one of the electric ones and frankly I can't use it, I look like I have road rash when I'm done!. I think the manual one affords you more control

Regular Contributor

I saw the presentation.     She said to use over your cleanser at first until your skin gets used to it and/or have sensitivity.    I was wondering if the diamond surface could damage the skin.   They say don't use an exfoliator with with sharp walnut shells, etc.