Valued Contributor

Re: Did anyone review the new Algenist foundation?

I've tried it and really like it.  Easy to apply, goes on smooth, and really lightweight.  Matched my skin tone beautifully.  I'm glad I purchased it.

Valued Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@Bestdressed wrote:

Yes, I did receive the new Algenist REVEAL serum foundation in light/ medium shade.   The color runs dark....The light/medium is similar to my IT BB cream shade Medium.  

I really like that feels light weight, not greasy and has good medium coverage. I do have dry skin and it is not moisturizing or heavy. It doesn't collect in lines or make my pores look larger either. (This is not necessary, but  I tried using IT bb cream underneath or Laura Geller spackle primer.)  I would buy it again...so perfect for Summer, when it is too hot for makeup.

I just want to understand, @Bestdressed do you wear the IT BB cream or CC Cream? I wear the Medium in the CC Cream.  I like the CC Cream but hate that it takes so long to dry down.  It seems I would wear the light/medium in this Algenist product as well, did this take a while to dry down? Thank you for your post!

@ajsidney12  I am sorry...I meant I wear Medium in IT "CC" cream. (Algenist is probably a little darker then IT CC cream in medium.)  The Algenist does dry faster, because it has a thinner consistancy It has a nice dropper that releases a drop or 2 at a time.  I like that that I can add-on a just a drop or 2, or more... if needed.  

The pigment covers good and it does dry quickly.  I probably could wear the light shade too.  But light/medium works and will be good for Summer too. (I agree with Pecky...the medium shade would have been way too dark for me.) I hope this helps.

Thank you @Bestdressed , I appreciate the help.  Thinking when they bring it back I will try it for summer.

Trusted Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I was very curious to see if anyone received their foundation yet? I was tempted but I need another foundation like a hole in the head, but did buy the concealer.  There is very little in the tube, maybe half full, but it seems to work well. Anyways, I was wondering about the foundation coverage and how it wears. I have dark spots that need to be covered and would be curious if I need the concealer and the foundation, of if I could just wear the foundation as they implied.  Many thanks in advance!

@ajsidney12 look under my name i did an in depth review few days ago or so....it's very nice but I didn't need it lol! and good to know you liked the concealer! I have such fine lines there and everything accents them post makeup...i need a laser or something done Smiley Sad  now my skin is thinner and they are worse but no wrinkles on skin?? odd. It does cover well add a bit more where needed and it goes well over my sunspots on drivers side Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I was very curious to see if anyone received their foundation yet? I was tempted but I need another foundation like a hole in the head, but did buy the concealer.  There is very little in the tube, maybe half full, but it seems to work well. Anyways, I was wondering about the foundation coverage and how it wears. I have dark spots that need to be covered and would be curious if I need the concealer and the foundation, of if I could just wear the foundation as they implied.  Many thanks in advance!

@ajsidney12 look under my name i did an in depth review few days ago or so....it's very nice but I didn't need it lol! and good to know you liked the concealer! I have such fine lines there and everything accents them post makeup...i need a laser or something done Smiley Sad  now my skin is thinner and they are worse but no wrinkles on skin?? odd. It does cover well add a bit more where needed and it goes well over my sunspots on drivers side Smiley Happy

@mimi5775 I did not use the concealer under my eyes, just in case you or anyone else was wondering.  I too have those dark spots thanks to the driver's side and that oh-so-bad for you tanning bed habit I had 15 years ago.  I think I will cave and just get the laser removal later this year.  And, thank you for recommending I check out your review, I will do so later tonight.

Contributor

I got both the medium and light/medium as I wasn't sure which would be right for me and think I'm leaning to the medium.  I really like this foundation and it just takes a few drops to do my entire face.  It is medium coverage and finishes beautifully.  I've been trying it out for about 2 weeks and will definitly keep it.   A very nice foundation

Contributor

I bought the medium foundation and it was too dark/orangey.  I thought it was minimal coverage but I am used to using IT.  I think it would be a nice foundation for summer.