Valued Contributor

Did anyone review the new Algenist foundation?

I was very curious to see if anyone received their foundation yet? I was tempted but I need another foundation like a hole in the head, but did buy the concealer.  There is very little in the tube, maybe half full, but it seems to work well. Anyways, I was wondering about the foundation coverage and how it wears. I have dark spots that need to be covered and would be curious if I need the concealer and the foundation, of if I could just wear the foundation as they implied.  Many thanks in advance!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Did anyone review the new Algenist foundation?

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I was very curious to see if anyone received their foundation yet? I was tempted but I need another foundation like a hole in the head, but did buy the concealer.  There is very little in the tube, maybe half full, but it seems to work well. Anyways, I was wondering about the foundation coverage and how it wears. I have dark spots that need to be covered and would be curious if I need the concealer and the foundation, of if I could just wear the foundation as they implied.  Many thanks in advance!

I would love to find out too I have it on wait list and am hoping to see some reviews

Honored Contributor

There are a couple of threads discussing this.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I did receive the new Algenist REVEAL serum foundation in light/ medium shade.   The color runs dark....The light/medium is similar to my IT BB cream shade Medium.  

I really like that feels light weight, not greasy and has good medium coverage. I do have dry skin and it is not moisturizing or heavy. It doesn't collect in lines or make my pores look larger either. (This is not necessary, but  I tried using IT bb cream underneath or Laura Geller spackle primer.)  I would buy it again...so perfect for Summer, when it is too hot for makeup.

Valued Contributor

I was tempted to try it, but frankly (and I realize this will sound shallow), if the vendor doesn't look particularly good, I hesitate to try it. She is knowledgeable, but very plain. I would think she'd want to glam it up, like Jamie does with her IT foundation. At the very least, I can look at Jamie's before and afters and see a real difference.

I'm ducking!

Honored Contributor

Wow.

"Glamming it up" is all about the eyes and lips, maybe blush and highlighter, but not foundation.  By the name itself, you know the job it's doing in providing a foundation for everything else.  Even if someone isn't the type to "glam it up", they may still want an even looking skintone and want to cover imperfections.

Valued Contributor

@Zita wrote:

I was tempted to try it, but frankly (and I realize this will sound shallow), if the vendor doesn't look particularly good, I hesitate to try it. She is knowledgeable, but very plain. I would think she'd want to glam it up, like Jamie does with her IT foundation. At the very least, I can look at Jamie's before and afters and see a real difference.

I'm ducking!

I think calling the vendor "plain" is unfair, and does sound "shallow".  Some people want a more natural look, and this is what she pulls off.  Not everyone needs to be "strobing", have smokey eyes, spider eyes and super-glossy lips. It's nice to have a variety.

Valued Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

Yes, I did receive the new Algenist REVEAL serum foundation in light/ medium shade.   The color runs dark....The light/medium is similar to my IT BB cream shade Medium.  

I really like that feels light weight, not greasy and has good medium coverage. I do have dry skin and it is not moisturizing or heavy. It doesn't collect in lines or make my pores look larger either. (This is not necessary, but  I tried using IT bb cream underneath or Laura Geller spackle primer.)  I would buy it again...so perfect for Summer, when it is too hot for makeup.

I just want to understand, @Bestdressed do you wear the IT BB cream or CC Cream? I wear the Medium in the CC Cream.  I like the CC Cream but hate that it takes so long to dry down.  It seems I would wear the light/medium in this Algenist product as well, did this take a while to dry down? Thank you for your post!

Honored Contributor

I purchased the medium and couldn't send it back fast enough.  It was very orange in color.  I don't even think getting the light/med would help.  It just didn't blend on me at all.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@Bestdressed wrote:

I just want to understand, @Bestdressed do you wear the IT BB cream or CC Cream? I wear the Medium in the CC Cream.  I like the CC Cream but hate that it takes so long to dry down.  It seems I would wear the light/medium in this Algenist product as well, did this take a while to dry down? Thank you for your post!

@ajsidney12  I am sorry...I meant I wear Medium in IT "CC" cream. (Algenist is probably a little darker then IT CC cream in medium.)  The Algenist does dry faster, because it has a thinner consistancy It has a nice dropper that releases a drop or 2 at a time.  I like that that I can add-on a just a drop or 2, or more... if needed.  

The pigment covers good and it does dry quickly.  I probably could wear the light shade too.  But light/medium works and will be good for Summer too. (I agree with Pecky...the medium shade would have been way too dark for me.) I hope this helps.