Honored Contributor

Did anyone get the shipping survey?

I wish they had delved a little deeper. They only asked one question like do you order extra to make a free shipping minimum from other companies? That is my biggie, I accumulate single items with Sephora or Ulta instead of paying per item charges at QVC. Don't they realize how many of us do that? I don't think so.

Super Contributor

Re: Did anyone get the shipping survey?

From whom? From where? Thanks.

Not applicable

nm

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 MarenSeattle said:

From whom? From where? Thanks.

LOL, I was wondering the same thing. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Sorry, it was from QVC, I think in response to all the griping that goes on the boards. I guess I was picked at random because I may chime in on a high shipping thread, but I don't think I've started one. There were questions like where did I notice the $3.00-$5.00 shipping, one of the choices was not from the board, where I did hear about it. Also how much lowered shipping influenced my purchasing, in my case it generated two extra orders I was thinking about and the reduction tipped me over. They also asked how QVC compared to other retailers I deal with.

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2014 depglass said:

Sorry, it was from QVC, I think in response to all the griping that goes on the boards. I guess I was picked at random because I may chime in on a high shipping thread, but I don't think I've started one. There were questions like where did I notice the $3.00-$5.00 shipping, one of the choices was not from the board, where I did hear about it. Also how much lowered shipping influenced my purchasing, in my case it generated two extra orders I was thinking about and the reduction tipped me over. They also asked how QVC compared to other retailers I deal with.

Thanks for the clarification. When I first started shopping on QVC (almost 25 years ago) they didn't charge tax, so I always justified the S&H (which looking back now, was pretty reasonable).

Now, QVC charges tax on the item PLUS the Shipping and handling! Look what I paid for the Tria Laser:

Sub Total: $429.00

Total S&H: $12.69

Total Tax: $41.96

Order Total: $483.65

I know the tax thing is determined by State, and I don't think QVC can do anything about it. Ditto whether they have to collect on just the item or the total of the item and the S&H. But with a purchase that costly, the high shipping charge adds to the high tax.

Just want to say that I just bought a $349 Blendtec on HSN -- free shipping, no tax. How can HSN do that but QVC can't?

Honored Contributor

Thanks Depglass! It will be interesting to see if they actually make some changes based on the results!

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

Thanks Depglass! It will be interesting to see if they actually make some changes based on the results!

And how many decades has it taken QVC to even consider thinking about this issue?

Frequent Contributor

MarenSeattle: yu wrote - Now, QVC charges tax on the item PLUS the Shipping and handling! & Just want to say that I just bought a $349 Blendtec on HSN -- free shipping, no tax. How can HSN do that but QVC can't?

I have wanted to figure the TAX on the item 'only' to see if in fact we are taxed for the S&H. Yet, since the Tax Amount is after the S&H it does seem we are Taxed on the S&H. I wonder if one of the LADIES can answer the reason for this? I have yet to figure it out. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Re: No Tax at Hsn. I was told after Hsn began taxing my purchases - "it is 'your State'". My State - which is a high tax State ALREADY --- wanted 'that' tax money & did whatever it is a State has to do for Online Co's to tax us. It used to be - if the online Company had a facility/business in yur State - the Online Co. had to charge Tax. You may have already known that...& I realize people will say - if yu purchase online and not charged tax it is still a tax you have to pay to your State at Tax time --- apparently most people didn't so States are taking action to get it directly. I live in a State with very high taxes {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}& I would be outta here if I could leave. ;-)

Frequent Contributor

On 3/30/2014 PuppyBreath said:
On 3/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

And how many decades has it taken QVC to even consider thinking about this issue?

the Q laid off employess from the PA Corp. Office, end of 2013 or beginning of 2014 - I felt badly for those folks. The Q may not have met their yr. end Sales but they do have very good earnings. It was so disappointing learning this...instead of working on increasing Sales which if they tried - they could, even in this economy. It appears 'maybe'? they are --- w/the Survey --- seems like they're finally realizing the need to take other online shopping sites w/s&h discounts, etc. seriously - maybe? (but those folks likely won't get their jobs back). I've always thought - they have EXCELLENT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK on these Forums - a wealth of information for them to use & they're Sales would increase. ok, done venting. {#emotions_dlg.blush}