Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Vote for Customer Choice Awards?

OF COURSE its a popularity contest. That's the point, isn't it? They know from sales. Therefore the whole thing is rigged, the multiple voting just proves it. Every time you go online to vote you just might be exposed to something else you will buy. I do use several of these products but never bother to vote. Perhaps they should do a live audience show, it wouldn't look so dead.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

I don't vote in any election that I feel is pre-decided.

This one is nothing more than a sales pitch combined with a popularity contest, the greatest being between Nick and Chaz.  I use Nick's products because I like them. I will not use WEN becuse I don't want to spend that amount of time (or money) doing anything related to my appearance. Not that vain and not that impressed.

A contest between NC and Chaz Dean?  No contest.

I use Chaz Dean's products because they give me the best hair I've ever had.  I would never use NC because I would never reward anyone who tests products on animals.  Not that indifferent to suffering, not impressed.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I voted for the Dr. Denese products!

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

This one is nothing more than a sales pitch combined with a popularity contest, the greatest being between Nick and Chaz.  I use Nick's products because I like them. I will not use WEN becuse I don't want to spend that amount of time (or money) doing anything related to my appearance. Not that vain and not that impressed.

I use Chaz Dean's products because they give me the best hair I've ever had.  I would never use NC because I would never reward anyone who tests products on animals.  Not that indifferent to suffering, not impressed.

NC tests his products on animals? I didn't know that. Well, the few things I've tried in the past didn't work at all for my hair anyway but now I will be sure not to try anything else. Thanks for letting us know! You know how important it is for me to avoid products tested on animals.

Esteemed Contributor

I did vote, but only once. I use several of the products that were offered but not all. On the products that I did not use,  I just chose by what I have read from other posters.

Honored Contributor

I voted too but only once. For those categories I hadn't tried anything in, I didn't vote. I saw that some people said they voted more than once but when I tried, it told me I had already voted and didn't give me the chance to vote again so I don't know how some were able to vote more than once if they actually did. Unless they used different accounts.

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

If they are allowed to vote more than once, then it's absolutely not fair.  I use some products but did not vote.  And I think the way they are dressing up and the whole show is silly.  You'd think it was the Emmys.

Fair means everyone has equal opportunity.

In this case, everyone had the exact same opportunity to vote multiple times. If QVC tried to lock people by limiting one vote by tracking with a cookie or one vote per IP address, then only people who knew how to get around those things would be able to vote multiple times and that would not be fair because then only people who knew how to get around cookies and IP addresses would be able to vote multiple times.

Same opportunity for all but only some took advantage of it? That's absolutely fair.

Everyone had the same opportunities to use social media to ask people to vote and some made use of those opportunities. Everyone had the same opportunity to vote multiple times and some made use of those opportunities and some did not. But the opportunities being fair and equal for all mean it's fair. It's also fair because there was no rule saying only one vote per person. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

NC tests his products on animals? I didn't know that. Well, the few things I've tried in the past didn't work at all for my hair anyway but now I will be sure not to try anything else. Thanks for letting us know! You know how important it is for me to avoid products tested on animals.

According to Nick's website his products are cruelty free.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Uh, OF COURSE it's a marketing thing.   This is a shopping channel, so that should be obvious !

I voted once, and only on the things I've actually used.

lol, yeah I think pretty much any "awards" type things are a marketing ploy to some degree, from the grammys all the way down to products awards in beauty magazines. I don't think it is a big secret.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@HappyDaze and @Drythe, Nick Chavez' products aren't tested on animals. I saw the the cruelty free logo on his site. It's all the way on the bottom of his page all the way to the right. Of course, I still understand if you're not interested in his products since WEN is working well for you, but Nick definitely DOES NOT test on animals. I'll post the link below if anyone wants to see. The cruelty-free logo will be a little pink and white bunny and will have the words "cruelty free" underneath him.

www.nickchavezbeverlyhills.com

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder