Honored Contributor

Re: Did Anyone hear Nick Chavez say that he gets beat up on the blogs?

On 1/3/2015 september said:

I think that when Chaz calls shampoo "detergent", that is taking a jab at all shampoos, in general...yes. But I can also see how each vendor of high quality shampoos wouldn't like it, and feel the need to respond.

I haven't seen any other regular shampoo vendor "respond" in such a manner.

The best way for any vendor to respond is to extol the virtues of your product and what it can do for a person, not take pot shots at another vendor. There is something for everyone so convince the buyer that your product is going to be the best for them.

Respected Contributor

Oh boy, here we go again.

This thread isn't even about WEN and yet some think it necessary to come here and make accusations and defend Chaz.

I have never heard Nick take pot shots at WEN, I have heard him mention the opposite if you want something different.

I sure would like to take some pot shots at Chaz when he says such ridiculous things about shampoo. To me his hair always looks so greasy - and it seems like a waste of water and money, but each to their own. If someone wants to use it go ahead but don't get so defensive about it. If others want to use shampoo, they certainly can and should be able to without issues from others who don't.

Geeeezzzzz

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Lannie said:

Oh boy, here we go again.

This thread isn't even about WEN and yet some think it necessary to come here and make accusations and defend Chaz.

I have never heard Nick take pot shots at WEN, I have heard him mention the opposite if you want something different.

I sure would like to take some pot shots at Chaz when he says such ridiculous things about shampoo. To me his hair always looks so greasy - and it seems like a waste of water and money, but each to their own. If someone wants to use it go ahead but don't get so defensive about it. If others want to use shampoo, they certainly can and should be able to without issues from others who don't.

Geeeezzzzz

I rest my case.

Honored Contributor

Well, since I missed seeing Nick Chavez this last time he was on...does anyone have a link to the product video where he supposedly took these "pot shots"? I'd like to hear what he said for myself.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm...before the thread gets too heated, perhaps it might best if we all just agree to disagree. Chaz Dean seems like a nice guy, he has cute dogs and his product is well liked....but I don't think that Nick was being mean to Chaz or taking any digs at him, and I like Nick's products the best because they work well for my hair.

@september, quite a few people think that Nick Chavez takes digs at WEN whenever Nick says with his shampoo, you don't need 10 or 15 pumps to get a good lather. I think that's when people start thinking that Nick is taking digs at Chaz.

In any case, it's best not to turn this into a Chaz vs. Nick thing. People who like Nick really didn't see anything wrong with what Nick said (me included) and people who like Chaz are probably going to take offense at anything Nick says from this point on out, so it's probably best if we all just agree to disagree.

Many people here thought I was taking digs at WEN when I wasn't, so.....as bad as it sounds, it basically best to just walk on eggshells when talking about WEN. If it's not a compliment, it'll be taken as a dig. The same thing happens when a discussion about Lisa Robertson, Linea, Temp-Tations, Susan Graver, Judith Ripka, etc. comes up. If it's a very popular product/vendor/host, anything but a compliment will most likely be taken the wrong way no matter how nicely it's worded. Same thing happens in the Viewpoints sub-forum on this board. It really is just a mess, to be honest.

In a small sort of way, I do feel a bit better. For a little while, I thought maybe I had posted something wrong. But I quickly learned that on this board, the people who post here tend to get a bit prickly over certain subjects anyway. I mean hey, sometimes a compliment will be taken as a veiled insult, depending on the person's mood. It's best not to take things too seriously on this board. Otherwise, the people and topics will run you ragged. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And truth be told, for all we know, Chaz and Nick are best buds backstage. They may even read these boards and laugh it up with each other over a beer and some pretzels. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Chaz: Hey, look at this Nick. They think you're taking digs at me again.

Nick: Yeah? Look at that one. She/He thinks you have greasy hair.

Chaz and Nick: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (eats pretzels, takes a sip of beer)

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the humor, NCB! I think you're right....none of this needs to be taken so seriously, and the businessmen themselves likely don't take it that way. If you're selling something, of course you're going to say your product is best, and maybe compare it to a competing product. And I still haven't seen the evidence that Nick ever named Wen as being the other product that you need to use more of. With some cheaper shampoos...you do need to use more of them. Any hair professional will tell you that. The better formulas are more concentrated. I also like both Chaz and Nick and use products from each of their lines. But do I agree 100 percent with everything either of them says? No...I don't do this with anyone, and it's no different with guys that sell hair products.
Respected Contributor

Hi, september. Smile

Yes, gotta take things in stride on this board. I think people would have a right to be upset if the vendors were taking personal character swipes at each other. Example: Buy my product because the other guy is a stinky, mean poo-poo head!"

I made myself laugh there. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'm pretty sure the hosts and vendors chill backstage drinking coffee and laughing with each other. At times, they probably even read these boards while raising their eyebrows thinking, "where in the tick-tack, nick-nack, patty-whack did that come from?" Chaz and Nick probably hang out from time-to-time, Susan Graver and the Linea guy (sorry, forgot his name) probably exchange sewing/fabric tips from each, and Dr. Denese and the Perricone lady (sorry, forgot her name, too) might even try each others anti-aging creams once in a while.

The only feral competition that we see really are the fans of the vendors on these boards from time to time (not all the fans, some are really quite calm and relaxed). This leads me to believe that these boards are in desperate need of some testosterone to even things out.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I didn't watch. I don't consider these boards to be "blogs" and doubt he meant these boards. There are a lot of beauty and hair care bloggers out there and I suspect he's talking about them. If he meant these boards then complaining about them accomplishes nothing, showing products and specifically addressing the benefits of them or explaining how to use them properly to get good results and possible explanations for poor results would be the best way to go IMHO.

I'm agreeing that he was probably referring to a beauty blogger or two, or ... There are only a zillion of them out there. :-)

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 MarenSeattle said:

I didn't watch. I don't consider these boards to be "blogs" and doubt he meant these boards. There are a lot of beauty and hair care bloggers out there and I suspect he's talking about them. If he meant these boards then complaining about them accomplishes nothing, showing products and specifically addressing the benefits of them or explaining how to use them properly to get good results and possible explanations for poor results would be the best way to go IMHO.

I'm agreeing that he was probably referring to a beauty blogger or two, or ... There are only a zillion of them out there. :-)

But is he seriously just sitting around reading all the blogs about himself? Why? I can't imagine being a celebrity or vendor and sitting around reading about myself. The world is a brutal place. Hard to stay positive and upbeat when you read all the negative kwap people write, regardless of who you are.

Super Contributor

On 1/3/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 1/3/2015 MarenSeattle said:

But is he seriously just sitting around reading all the blogs about himself? Why? I can't imagine being a celebrity or vendor and sitting around reading about myself. The world is a brutal place. Hard to stay positive and upbeat when you read all the negative kwap people write, regardless of who you are.

I was thinking about that as I was typing. Like when we Google his name, blogs will come up, reviews, etc., Maybe he Googles himself?

ETA: I doubt he sits around reading about himself -- he's got other things to do. :-) But maybe it's irresistible to see what people are saying about your products -- and about you. :=)