Honored Contributor

Dark Circles Under Your Eyes

I have terrible allergy eyes, with blue black undereye circles included. Smiley Sad

I learned a great tip today from a Lancome mua. When I told DD about it tonight, she already knew (of course). She learned it from a BECCA mua.

I've used various concealers with some success, including Mally's yellow undereye brightener (which I almost always wear). So I've been putting concealer AND the brightener over my dark circles.

So take a pinkish blush or lip pencil and cover the dark area (my mua used a dark pink lip crayon). Concealer works better when it's covering that color instead of the blue black. I couldn't believe the difference in my eyes! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Dark Circles Under Your Eyes

I have also seen it work with bright red lipstick under concealer. YouTube has videos.

Frequent Contributor

I bought a Bobbi Brown concealer kit before, one shade was corrector and the other concealer.  As you learned today the corrector was almost a salmon color, then a lighter, more natural color for the concealor.  Unfortunately the BB concealors are just too dry and hard to blend for me.

Benefit has a similar product. Lately I have been loving Josie Maran's creamy concealer crayon, no corrector available but the fact that it blends without tugging my under eye is a big plus for me.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

I have also seen it work with bright red lipstick under concealer. YouTube has videos.

Thanks - I'll have to look at YouTube more often. I rarely do! DD does all of the time! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Skinn Hylighten gets rid of the "problem"..........you need to use it for at least 90 days to see excellent results.     I wouldn't be without the stuff.  I no longer need concealer.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Skinn Hylighten gets rid of the "problem"..........you need to use it for at least 90 days to see excellent results.     I wouldn't be without the stuff.  I no longer need concealer.

I agree, you need to try an eye cream with Haloxyl in it such as Skinn Hylighten, Mad Hippie, etc.

Honored Contributor

I second the Hylighten by Skinn. It really works, but you do have to use every day for several monthe in order to see the results, but used faithfully you will see results!!!!!! I have my daughter using it now for her darkness under the eyes.......Usually when Dimitri is on, they sell 2 for around 36.00, so not too expensive!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'll give this a try. Mine are like bottomless lagoons. Not my favorite look.

Respected Contributor

@sullw wrote:

I bought a Bobbi Brown concealer kit before, one shade was corrector and the other concealer.  As you learned today the corrector was almost a salmon color, then a lighter, more natural color for the concealor.  Unfortunately the BB concealors are just too dry and hard to blend for me.

Benefit has a similar product. Lately I have been loving Josie Maran's creamy concealer crayon, no corrector available but the fact that it blends without tugging my under eye is a big plus for me.

Boy, isn't that the truth about BB's corrector & concealer.  No amount of eye cream makes it workable for me either.  Instead I end up with under-eye wrinkles which don't exist without it.  I was afraid Mally's Cancellation Concealer would be similar, yet it's not.  Much creamer... has never let me down.  I also like BBUE by It Cosmetics. 

I've always heard of using a soft & creamy red lip crayon before using concealer.   Many swear by it.  I don't need this step, nor do I powder under my eyes.  I just buy Mally's refills for the concealer which is less wasteful and cost effective.

Trusted Contributor

This is a great tip, thx so much for posting it...I have very dark inner eye areas. I usually use a brightener over my concealer also.

Can't wait to try this tip,tomorrow...yay

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~