Super Contributor

Harpa said:  "What could we possibly learn differently if he were presenting? The host would jump in every 30 seconds to let us know how many were sold, restate the price and item number and make a big deal of the huge value."

Hahaha ... so true! ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Esteemed Contributor
Yes, Dana is a much better spokesperson than Dr P. I met the gentleman while answering phones on PBS. He made appearances on PBS years ago and talked about his products. He wasn't an inspirational speaker and Dana is much better. I may order this product because I do see the difference in the model's face live and they aren't using a 30 year old with perfect skin. It is rather impressive...has anyone used this product?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dana and the great "HE"

[ Edited ]

Yes, I use the AM skin cream.  Skin looked good.  Really noticed the difference when I stopped using for a couple months.  Recently started back and can tell a difference.  Never used the night cream though.  I was so happy for this TSV.  Oh, I stopped using because I wanted to change up my routine.  Big mistake for me.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Dana and the great "HE"

[ Edited ]

I don't have a problem with Dr. Perricone not presenting.  Other vendors have their marketing people on camera.  I know during one of the fund raisers he made an appearence on the Q... thanking his customers for their loyality and how important it was to find a cure. It must have been for breast cancer.

Coming from me... someone who has believed in Perricone and have seen some pretty remarkable results, the before and afters I've seen today I'd call totally unremarkable.  The neuropeptide face cream has never been a hero product for me though.  At least the afters weren't worse than the befores.  I've seen that too.  lol

Like all of us, you can see Dana aging.  Take a good look when she's on air and you'll see what I mean.  Topical skincare can make for beautiful skin.  They do very little to nothing for loss of fat, wrinkles and sagging as time marches on.  We all know any results are fleeting & skin reverts back (with ANY skincare line) once discontinued.  That in itself is fine if you are dedicated.  For actual lifting & firming,  Dr. P relies on DMAE or sometimes seen as DAE- which is still controversial in the ability to do anything beyond a placebo.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never understood why it bothers people that he does not appear to represent his products. What difference does it make?? Perhaps he is shy, or not comfortable on camera.

No, I do not use his products. Out of my price range, and I am more of Philosophy Girl.

Super Contributor

Dana is applying that cream pretty harshly to that poor model's face.  I think the results we are seeing is because her face may be a little swollen (puffs up the skin).  I thought Adrienne on HSN was rough with the models, but Dana is giving her a run for her money.

Respected Contributor

It would be nice if Dr P would visit once a year but it is certainly not necessary. Dana does a great job!

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Well, if she got run over by a truck tomorrow, God forbide, who would take over his company ???

Well, that's a rather ungracious thought, isn't it?  (We all know no one is irreplaceable, but there's no reason to be unkind about it.)  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor
Notice on today's presentation they had a senior model. Dana Rubs the product on the models face. Interesting...... I do not see any difference with the cream on the face. What is that suppose to prove?
Valued Contributor
While I don't have a problem with Dr. Perricone not coming on, I do have a problem with the reverence that is bestowed upon him. Kinda like he's a God of some sort--and this is coming mainly from the rep., Dana. I just personally have an issue with someone being held in such high regard. It's okay to really respect someone, and certainly he's made many great scientific and dermatological discoveries; however, the adulation for him tends to lean toward idolization a bit, and I find it weird.