Honored Contributor

DO YOU GO OUT WITHOUT MAKEUP

I just started trying to cut back on the "full face" makeup just to do my daily errands. The effort of foundation, concealer, blush, shadow, liner, mascara, etc. was beginning to keep me from just running out to the food store or just one trip out to the cleaners, etc. I'm down to a tinted moisturizer w/ SPF & lipgloss. Feeling confident, but would love to eliminate all makeup so I look different on special occasions. Anyone else a slave to makeup? I have good skin, but quite fair, so always felt that brows, blush, lips, etc. kept me from looking scary!!! Live in a college town which is making it easier since most women feel it isn't the norm to wear makeup every day. The trend to wear gym gear, pony tail, no makeup seems to be THE LOOK. 

Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU GO OUT WITHOUT MAKEUP

I do for walking the dog somedays, but I prefer to put some amount of face on, since I feel it's a bit scary for me not too. If I pass a mirror, I don't want to scare myself.

Respected Contributor

I only wear makeup to the Office and when I go out socially.  Grocery store and normal errands is clean face for sure. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I do but never without sunscreen. I do prefer to at least put mascara on since my lashes are very light but if I don't have a chance to put it on, I don't freak out. I have good skin, nothing I really need to cover up/hide (yet!) so I feel pretty confident going out without too much on. My everyday "look" is pretty basic anyway- ALWAYS sunscreen, foundation (lately it has only been Laura Geller's baked elements- quick and easy enough so I can do it in my car on the way to work), mascara, eyeshadow (mostly just a single color unless I have more time and then will do fancy stuff, lol)  and lip gloss. Simple, easy and yet still pretty and professional. 

I love makeup though, I just don't have the patience or time to do a complicated routine. I just like a simple easy routine in general for both my skincare and makeup. It is so freeing to minimize my time in the bathroom getting ready- I have more important or fun things I want to do! But when it is date night or we are going out to a party, whatch out, all bets are off! lol

Regular Contributor

Yes!  I have felt like I was spending too much time on a full face lately, so this summer I have started running errands with just a little powder foundation, mascara, and gloss, or just a tinted moisturizer/BB cream and gloss like you mentioned.  Who cares, right?  I just can't see spending 20-30 minutes on makeup if I am going to the grocery store.  I agree that it seems to be the look (I also live in a college town), but I think that's most places now.

Honored Contributor

No. I love makeup too much, lol. Can I? Yeah. But it's more fun to put it on. : )

Trusted Contributor

Yes....the entire weekend I'm makeup free, unless I'm going someplace special.

Regular Contributor

I go out all most every single day without make up which is pretty ridiculous considering how much make up I have and continue to buy. I do wear sunscreen that has a tint everyday so I guess that is low key foundation.

Trusted Contributor

I am 72 and retired.  My routine each AM is Clarisonic cleanse, serum, moisturizer, 3.19, tinted primer and occasionally mascara for my hiding white lashes.  This takes minutes and protects my face and neck for the day.  A full face is only needed for dressy occasions.  Dinner out with family and friends is still kept simple.  I have noticed since retiring I have tried to wear more color in my tops or a nice scarf.  As I have added birthdays I have found that I need to have a little color around my face to brighten it up or add more makeup that would be unnatural to me.  I often see people whose makeup is so thick it looks like a mask.  Even on some of the cosmetic show demonstrations.  On the shows some could be the lighting, HD and the camera close ups.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want to not fully make up my face daily - whether staying home or going out.  I love my makeup time daily!!!!  It's my relaxing me time!  Plus my skin would suffer if I were to not put on makeup.  It would be itchy, get red and probably breakout like a teenager! If I felt a slave to it or just felt I had to use makeup when going out then I would not use any if I disliked it so much!