Respected Contributor

Re: Cream type facial cleanser - unscented - need recommendations

I recently switched to Paula's Choice Moisture Boost cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't bother my skin. It is creamy (but not greasy) and fragrance free.

Trusted Contributor

Today is the last day for 15% off and free shipping for Paula's Choice. The code is EDDVIPFEB15. I have been using her products since 1995 and love them, especially the BHA, moisturizers, retinal products.

Super Contributor

I may try the Cerave cleanser too. All my cleansers either don't clean (cream ones) or the other ones make my face feel dry!

Trusted Contributor

I've used Pond's Cucumber Cleanser in the past. It works but I was tired of the cucumber fragrance by the time I used up the jar. I'm not really a fan of cucumber fragrance.

I'm presently using Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser as a makeup remover that I tissue off. I use long-wear foundation and haven't found a cleanser that completely takes it off in one step without stripping my skin.

The Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser is thick, like a typical cold cream, and has a very, very light fragrance that doesn't bother me. The Pond's Cucumber Cleanser has a lighter consistency and texture and rinses off but the fragrance was a bit too much for me.

Thanks on the recs for CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, ladies!

Super Contributor

I really love the cleanser from First Aid Beauty. Creamy, gentle, unscented, ph balanced.
Honored Contributor

I have used Mary Kay cleansing cream successfully for umpteen (30?) years.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Cetaphil does NOT remove make-up. I love it in the morning when I have nothing on my face but if you are trying it to remove make-up, don't bother.

I am glad to read these suggestions. I don't know what has happened to my but all of a sudden it's very dry and flaky. I was going tonight to find a creamy cleanser but I need one to remove my make-up.

Respected Contributor

Cerave or Paula's Choice Moisture Boost cleanser.
Regular Contributor

I like and use CeraVe, but my all time favorite is Paulas Choice Skin Recovery Cream cleanser!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for these suggestions!

I did try CeraVe cream cleanser. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but it did not remove my makeup at all. ???? I don't even use a lot of stuff on my face. I use a concealer and some powder. That's it. And it did not take it off. I really wanted to like it, but it was not effective and I had to end up using another cleanser after that. Are you using a make-up remover first?

I never use a makeup remover. I have always just used a cleanser. Back in the old days, I also used a toner but I don't do that any more.

I will check some of these other products out though. Thanks a bunch!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin