Honored Contributor

Re: Concealer for brown spots

@neetsPA,

Years ago I had some dark spots removed by laser, not sure which type, but it helped quite a bit. However, some spots re-appeared later and I started looking for a good concealer like you have been. It's seems like there is no such thing as that perfect concealer! Right now I'm using IT Bye-Bye undereye. I think it works pretty good for dark spots. 

I've been using seabuckthorn oil to help fade the one dark spot that I am determined to get rid of and this oil seems to work...it's slow going but it's working! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@neetsPA wrote:

I am looking for suggestions for a concealer that covers brown spots well.  I have tried too many to mention and haven't found one that really does the job for me.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  As I get older, more and more of those annoying spots keep popping up.  I sure wish I had those years of no sunscreen to live over again!  We just didn't know better, unfortunately.

@neetsPA

Why not take another approach?   Why not use one of the products that lighten the dark spots .... or just have them removed?  That way, you can use any makeup you want and don't have to obsess over heavy duty concealers.   

Frequent Contributor

I have over the years tried many products that are supposed to lighten brown spots.  They take forever, if they work at all.  At 73, I'm running out of time!! As I mentioned before, I have tried to have them removed, but those treatments didn't work for me either.  I guess I just have recalcitrant spots!  Maybe I'm part leopard or something!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@neetsPA wrote:

I am looking for suggestions for a concealer that covers brown spots well.  I have tried too many to mention and haven't found one that really does the job for me.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  As I get older, more and more of those annoying spots keep popping up.  I sure wish I had those years of no sunscreen to live over again!  We just didn't know better, unfortunately.

@neetsPA

Why not take another approach?   Why not use one of the products that lighten the dark spots .... or just have them removed?  That way, you can use any makeup you want and don't have to obsess over heavy duty concealers.   

@Tinkrbl44 I agree with you. You must keep using the product to keep the spots faded. My sister-in-law uses one from Estee Lauder with good results.