Frequent Contributor

I am looking for suggestions for a concealer that covers brown spots well.  I have tried too many to mention and haven't found one that really does the job for me.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  As I get older, more and more of those annoying spots keep popping up.  I sure wish I had those years of no sunscreen to live over again!  We just didn't know better, unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

Re: Concealer for brown spots

The best I've found to date is Dermablend.

Trusted Contributor

@neetsPA The one that works the best for me is Exuviace. I have a spot that has diminished with a laser ,but it wasn't an IPL laser. That's the next step. I've tried It Cosmetics, Laura Geller and many others.

Honored Contributor

I second the vote for Dermablend.  It was developed as a medical product to cover scars, port wine stains and other imperfections.   It's the "be all, end all" of concealers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Everyone right.   I have Vetaligo, parts of skin stays white, doesn,t have pigment, and not from Sun worship.  Got it very young.  Use dermablend and a cream from the dermatologist to lighten it, the Skin.  None of today,s creams without a prescription

CaN

Esteemed Contributor

Bye Bye Undereye by It Cosmetics.  Not as heavy as DermaBlend but very effective.  I can't use DermaBlend.  There is something in it that I react to in a bad way.  LM

Trusted Contributor

count me in for dermablend! i also use the body shop stick concealer for not so dark spots. it covers well and it's inexpensive.

Respected Contributor

Hard Candy, Glamophlage. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I have tried Dermablend to cover spider veins on my legs with very poor results.  I find it difficult to pick the correct color.  I have also used It Cosmetics and Holly's new concealer, which is the first product she came out with.  I'm pretty sure that I used Exuviance several years ago.  Maybe I will give it another try. I just haven't been completely satisfied with anything I have tried, including IPL and Aerolase.  I get the scabbing and then virtually no lessening of color when they have healed.  Disappointing and frustrating! 

Frequent Contributor

The Glamophlage would be an inexpensive alternative.  Next time I'm in Walmart I will check it out.  Thanks,