Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone recommend really comfortable reading glasses?

The expensive ones I got are just not comfortable. (I can't see who makes them because I need my glasses on!)  Smiley Happy

The cheap ones I had were, but where I got them doesn't sell them anymore.

Thanks for any ideas!

Respected Contributor

Re: Comfortable Reading Glasses

My Ulta carries a really nice selection of well made, stylish, readers. They are not the cheapies from the drug store! Nice selection of sunglasses too...

Respected Contributor

I've got mine online at Zulily and Ebay.  I really like the ones from ebay.

Trusted Contributor

I have picked up, over the last few years, a couple of Joy Mangano's reader sets from HSN and they have been pretty comfortable for me.  I like the sets because the price for 7 readers hasn't been far off from just one pair at many retail stores.  I can then leave a pair in different rooms and not have to carry a pair with me all the time. I keep a pair in the kitchen, one in the computer room, in the bedroom etc. and it has been pretty handy.

I often wait for her sets to go on sale and have gotten them as low as $20 which isn't bad for 6 plain readers and one sunglass reader.

They don't hold up forever but I get at least a few years from each set I have bought.

Super Contributor

I really love the ones at Costco if you have one in your area.  I find the plastic frames without the little silicone non-slip thing works the best.  Good luck.

Occasional Contributor

I always misplace my reading glasses. I usually buy them at the dollar store or at Marshall's/TJMaxx.
Respected Contributor

I have a bunch from Joy and they're fine but recently bought the Tashon reading glasses from QVC. I highly recommend them. They are the larger frames in fashionable colors at a great price.
Esteemed Contributor

@wackers wrote:

I have picked up, over the last few years, a couple of Joy Mangano's reader sets from HSN and they have been pretty comfortable for me.  I like the sets because the price for 7 readers hasn't been far off from just one pair at many retail stores.  I can then leave a pair in different rooms and not have to carry a pair with me all the time. I keep a pair in the kitchen, one in the computer room, in the bedroom etc. and it has been pretty handy.

I often wait for her sets to go on sale and have gotten them as low as $20 which isn't bad for 6 plain readers and one sunglass reader.

They don't hold up forever but I get at least a few years from each set I have bought.

I second Joy's glasses Comfortable and pretty good quality..

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I love Costco readers. They have different styles and I own some of each. I but a fashion set for going out. I prefer the lighter, thin framed style for home and work. I have their sunglasses readers for the pool,etc.  They are very good quality and I stock up when they are on sale. 

Honored Contributor

I made the mistake of buying a pair from the Dollar Tree.  The lenses just weren't right in them.

I have some that came in a pack from TJMaxx that I really liked and I have a big set from Joy Mangano.  I can't say the Joy ones are all that great but I bought them on clearance and they were fine.  I'd not pay the full price for them.