Esteemed Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- Mindful March!

geezerette wrote:

Palady1 wrote:

Good morning ladies, and Happy March.  It came in like a lion for us with rainstorms and high winds.

How about the word - Appreciate for April.  I need to learn to appreciate what I have and not be buying the next best thing or thinking I need an item for my "fantasy" life.

I am thinking of giving up eating junk between meals, this is something I battle with every day (ask me about the sleeve of thin mint cookies I ate yesterday afternoon).  I really need to give up eating after supper,I know I am not hungry but I just go on auto pilot and   eat.  I am going to try to add some type of exercise everyday. It may just be a 30 min walk or a 30 min. dvd.  We will see how this goes.

Good luck to all who give up something or try to add something.

I could have written this almost word for word.  Except I would have had to admit I ate the whole box of cookies instead of just one sleeve.

@geezerette

You slay me. Woman LOL

If there was a banquet table piled high with cakes, brownies, pies, pastries, donuts, cupcakes and cookies, cookies would be the hardest to resist. 

I'm definitely a cookie girl.  Always have been, always will be.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

aprilskies wrote:

geezerette wrote:

Palady1 wrote:

Good morning ladies, and Happy March.  It came in like a lion for us with rainstorms and high winds.

How about the word - Appreciate for April.  I need to learn to appreciate what I have and not be buying the next best thing or thinking I need an item for my "fantasy" life.

I am thinking of giving up eating junk between meals, this is something I battle with every day (ask me about the sleeve of thin mint cookies I ate yesterday afternoon).  I really need to give up eating after supper,I know I am not hungry but I just go on auto pilot and   eat.  I am going to try to add some type of exercise everyday. It may just be a 30 min walk or a 30 min. dvd.  We will see how this goes.

I could have written this almost word for word.  Except I would have had to admit I ate the whole box of cookies instead of just one sleeve.

Me too!!!!!! 

I really like the word "appreciate."  I think it is important.

This week, I dont have a eating specific plan, just mindfulness, but I want to at least exercise 4 days a week and slowly bump it up to at least 6 days.   

@aprilskies

Better-half and I are getting into salads.  Way back in the 90s, I had to fly to San Francisco for a seminar for work and across the street from my hotel was a little Italian restaurant where I would grab a table near the window and drink red wine and eat amazing salads.  When I came home I waxed poetic about these perfect salads and wondered why I wasn't eating them every day.

Now you can buy bagged salads that have seeds and nuts and dried fruits so there's no excuse not to have a salad.  Better-half and I are buying these and at the same time we're wondering why because we already have all the seeds and nuts and fruit -- dried and fresh -- to make our own combination salads.  Crumble a little gorgonzola or bleu cheese or sprinkle some parmesan, throw in some nuts and seeds, herbs and fruit, chopped up vegetables... there's no end to the variety.

Holy c__p -- the Dow just went over 21,000!

But I digress.  More salads in March!  And more fish.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I'm in.  I need to pare down and wake up.  Mindfulness should be more than just a word and I've been trying for years , mostly failing at it.

I'm almost finished with an entire tube of Lorac lipstick and I never finish a tube!  Also almost finished with a compact of IT illuminator. 

Good luck to all of us. We will do this!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

skylark wrote:

I'm in.  I need to pare down and wake up.  Mindfulness should be more than just a word and I've been trying for years , mostly failing at it.

I'm almost finished with an entire tube of Lorac lipstick and I never finish a tube!  Also almost finished with a compact of IT illuminator. 

@skylark

Welcome!

I just took a shower and noticed that I'm one use away from finishing two ancient bottles of philosophy: caramel candy corn 3-in-1 and pure grace conditioner (that has long been downgraded to shaving gel).

The "one-by-one-until-they're-done" method has really made a difference.  I used to spend way too much time trying to match products to my mood.  Do I feel fruity today?  Foodie?  Flowery?  Now it's one bottle in and it doesn't come out 'til it's empty.

This is the month!

Esteemed Contributor

Whoa.  I went to the closet where I've kept the last of my philosophy 3-in-1 collection and I'm happy (and shocked) to report that I have five 16-ounce bottles left.  I used to have 100 bottles of shower gel in the house.

Of course, I still have a s__tload of B&BW, but it's still progress! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

skylark wrote:

Totally agree! 

Respected Contributor

just bee wrote:

Whoa.  I went to the closet where I've kept the last of my philosophy 3-in-1 collection and I'm happy (and shocked) to report that I have five 16-ounce bottles left.  I used to have 100 bottles of shower gel in the house.

Of course, I still have a s__tload of B&BW, but it's still progress! Woman LOL

Wow, that is some good progress.  How long do you estimate that took you?

Trusted Contributor

just bee wrote:

aprilskies wrote:

geezerette wrote:

Palady1 wrote:

Me too!!!!!! 

This week, I dont have a eating specific plan, just mindfulness, but I want to at least exercise 4 days a week and slowly bump it up to at least 6 days.   

@aprilskies

Better-half and I are getting into salads.  Way back in the 90s, I had to fly to San Francisco for a seminar for work and across the street from my hotel was a little Italian restaurant where I would grab a table near the window and drink red wine and eat amazing salads.  When I came home I waxed poetic about these perfect salads and wondered why I wasn't eating them every day.

Now you can buy bagged salads that have seeds and nuts and dried fruits so there's no excuse not to have a salad.  Better-half and I are buying these and at the same time we're wondering why because we already have all the seeds and nuts and fruit -- dried and fresh -- to make our own combination salads.  Crumble a little gorgonzola or bleu cheese or sprinkle some parmesan, throw in some nuts and seeds, herbs and fruit, chopped up vegetables... there's no end to the variety.

And that scares the c  p out of me!

Respected Contributor

geezerette wrote:

just bee wrote:

And that scares the c  p out of me!

May I ask why?  I am just pizzed because I didnt invest when I thought about it.  I procrastinate on things that I shouldn't.  I could of been a rich retiree by now. Woman LOL  oh vey, the mistakes.

Respected Contributor

just bee wrote:

aprilskies wrote:

geezerette wrote:

Palady1 wrote:

Me too!!!!!! 

@aprilskies

I do LOVE salads. But, a lot of times when I get the fixings for home, most of it gets tossed for one reason or another. So, no more fixings for home regardless of my good intentions. So, now I have them when I am at work or out.  Although, summer time is when I really crave them more. So light and refreshing. 

But now, you are making me want that ready made salad from Costcos with the cranberries and pumpkin seeds, I think. I forget the name of it.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View