Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- Mindful March!

@just bee

I'm sure you're absolutely adorable.  

However, I just hope you're in better shape than either of your two examples, especially the latter.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

I'm sure you're absolutely adorable.  

However, I just hope you're in better shape than either of your two examples, especially the latter.

Adorable is a stretch.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee

Tee-hee. Hiding in plain sight. Like a zebra. 

Trusted Contributor

@just bee

Laughed long and hard at your reply. Thanks, I needed that. 

What's up with procrastinating, anyway? More important, can it be compacted? De-cluttered? Tidied up? Reorganized? Donated elsewhere? There are probably some Type A overacheivers who could use some, and I'd be happy to help. Or maybe I should just enjoy it. It'll pass soon enough.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I'm sure there's an official term for this phenomenon, but I can't think of what it might be.

I want to know what it's called when you have an appointment to get all your hair cut off and your current hair, on this particular day, looks precisely the way it's supposed to: Amazingly good.

It's the right color, the right texture, it falls exactly the way it should -- it's great hair!

Why is this?

So yesterday I went ahead and had the mop removed.  It's the shortest it's been in a long time -- I'm thinkin' ten years or more.  The longest bits on top are about three inches.

There's nowhere to hide.

Haha!  Happens to me every time. Glad to know I'm in good company. 😆

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

Hi All!

I am still here and try to catch up with you all while I can. Home because of the Nor'easter today its blizzard conditions in my area. Hoping I don't lose power. I have been taking a college course while still working full time, so I dont get to post as often. Its going well, spring break from the college course this week, and a day off work today so I am doing things for me! Woohoo! So nice to cuddle on the couch and read with my furbabies! 

@just bee, I read you have 5 Philosophy shower gels left now! Simply amazing. I am so proud of you! 

@Oshare-girl, I give you so much credit for culling your brush collection! i also wanted to thank you so much, you inspired me to start using my Ambient lighting Palette everyday, I am almost finished with one of the three powders in it! WOOHOO! 

@aprilskies, I am so proud of you on your no buy! I know how hard it is and wanted to congratuate you for doing so well! 

You all inspire me! Even though I am not posting as much, please know I am reading when I can and cheering you on! I will post again when I can. 

Doing ok on my compact. Not experimenting and getting rid of things in the makeup collection, like I wanted too, because of time spent on schoolwork. For now I have been sticking to the tried and true things that go on quick and I know work. Except for using a different eyeshadow palette a week. but problem is I have liked all the ones I have tried so far and havent given any away! Good thing is that using the tried and true blush, foundation, eyeliner and mascara I am certainly using them up. Shower gel and lotion stash are decreasing. 

Well time to log off and go cuddle on the couch with the furbabies and read a book I want to read! My idea of paradise! 

Take care all!

Kathie

@kathie66 Woohoo on using your Ambient Lighting palette!  I felt like it went so quickly once I started using it daily.  I did a count of my brushes and still have around 90.  Smiley Sad  Not too much culling.  I haven't bought brushes lately and it takes a long time for them to wear out so not much change happening.  Sticking with the tried & true has been the way to go for me too.  It's so satisfying to see progress on these products. Keep keeping on!

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee

Laughed long and hard at your reply. Thanks, I needed that. 

What's up with procrastinating, anyway? More important, can it be compacted? De-cluttered? Tidied up? Reorganized? Donated elsewhere? There are probably some Type A overacheivers who could use some, and I'd be happy to help. Or maybe I should just enjoy it. It'll pass soon enough.

@KaySD

I can't remember a time when I wasn't a procrastinator.  Is this a learned behavior or is it genetic?  In school, I always waited until the very last minute to study for tests and write papers.  But it was a system that worked for me.  I need that pressure to get motivated.

It must be part of addiction.  It's the same dopamine rush.  Will it get done?  Of course not -- there's no time!  It's impossible!  YOU WILL FAIL!

It feels like I'm hanging off a cliff by my fingernails and I could fall -- it could happen any second now -- and then... it's done.  The paper, the test, the project, the appointment.  And then there's that wave of relief -- and triumph.

And then comes the inevitable question: Why did I wait so long to do this?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Can you believe there's only one week left of Mindful March?

I've been using this time for some MBSR -- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction.

I've had to develop this on my own since I began working with psych patients.  Psychiatrists receive far better training and support in this area while psych nurses do not.  And, to me, it shows.

For some reason I have always lived two separate lives: There's the me at work (the outside/public world) and then there's the me at home (the private/"cave" world).  These are two very different animals -- two very different habitats.

I'm now trying to take attributes/behaviors from one area and practice them in the other area.  Sort of meshing the two personalities/personas so there's more of a complete entity moving from one habitat to another seamlessly.  This has been interesting.

So this is my project.  Maybe I'm ComPacting myself.

Are you working on a project?  Is this the month in which you plan your strategy and lay the groundwork?

April will be the time to step back and take in the whole picture.  We're going to focus on what works and what doesn't.  It will be like cholesterol.  We're going to work on increasing our mental HDL and decreasing our mental LDL.  We're going to work on breaking down the plaque that clogs our mental arteries.

Or we can look at it like plumbing.  We gotta unclog our pipes.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee I am a much more patient person at work.  I would like to work on making that part of my homelife too.  Good project to work on!  

@aprilskies I saw in the Use it up thread that you're done with your Vit C serum.  I've been using the Drunk Elephant C-Firma serum for 8 months now.  I really like the packaging because it's airtight and super clever.  It's in a square bottle that I twist to expose the pump, super easy to use.  And it lasts so long because it has a "reservoir effect" and stays on the skin for 72 hours so I only apply it every 2-3 days (whenever I remember).  It was pricey but I only buy it on sale or as part of a kit on sale and it's still going after 8 months.  If you're ever in the market (and have no other Vit C in your stash), I would highly recommend it.  And does it work?  I think so.  DH started using it at the start of the year and his skin looks much more even.

It's going to be a 3-digit use-it-up month value-wise in March.  Looking back at the products I used up, half of them weren't necessary.  I tossed an Inglot eyeshadow and the super-hyped MAC Soft & Gentle highlighter, which really was not appropriate for my lifestyle.  I only bought it because of YouTube.  And a few items were things I bought because they were on sale.  I didn't need them because I already had something similar, but it was a "value".  Those are the most painful to use up and seem to take forever to finish.  Another confirmation for me to stick with my tried and true, which are a joy to use.

The grass is always greener:  I would like to have just a *touch* of your cold weather here in Hawaii.  It's too hot already!  85 degrees!  I have to change up my base product.  It's making me look oily in this weather.  Just when I thought I had dry skin, nope, it was just the "season".  I'm back to oily-combo skin.  Please forgive my living-in-paradise rant.  This is my home and it's hard to imagine living anywhere else.  But we all need a change of scenery once in a while.

Let's enjoy the last week of March!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oshare-girl wrote:

The grass is always greener... Please forgive my living-in-paradise rant.  This is my home and it's hard to imagine living anywhere else.  But we all need a change of scenery once in a while.

@Oshare-girl

The grass isn't always greener.  In fact, sometimes there's no grass at all.

NM

Have you considered a trip to the high desert? Woman Wink