Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Just Bee, your fragrance trip down memory lane made me thing of so many I use to have -  Passion, obsession, Dior "something", I forget the name, I will need to look it up( use to love it), Anais Anais, Chanel #5, the list goes on.  They came to me yesterday and it took me back in time.  What a great experiment.  So much fun and it brings memories back. Glad you are liking the fragrances you picked up. 

Oh, and amazing grace was one of my favorites. I just loved it.  It was light enough to wear to work and everyone seemed to love it. They ask us not to wear strong scents, understandably, but it takes away some of the fun. That is why my J'Adore just sits there. Although, not sure if I really care for that myself. Smiley Sad

That's the weird part about amazing grace.  I couldn't stand it on myself, but those around me seemed to appreciate it.  Just too floral on me.  I regret that the Fragrance Police have instituted policies even though there are a few scents out there, I'm afraid, that should be outlawed.  I'm one of those people who actually appreciates Angel and I could never understand why so many detested it.  Then I sat next to a classmate for three hours who had bathed in it.  I was disturbed that a scent I enjoyed was making me want to throw myself out the nearest window. 

Is it because fragrance is like... dog breeds?

People tend to like and own the wrong breeds.  I can't say there is a bad breed because my favorite thing in the world is dogs.  But I know for a fact that people don't know which breed they should choose, so they go for the worst possible choice.

Sure, people choose their spouses the way they choose their dogs and fragrances, too, but that's a whole nuther thread. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- May

[ Edited ]

Oops!  Maybe I should clarify -- I wasn't referring to Better-half!  Especially after what he did today.  We took the dog down to the bosque (beautiful day, by the way) and stopped at the store on the way home.  Before he went in he asked me if there was anything I wanted.  I said there wasn't but secretly I was thinking about ice cream bars and popsicles.

When he got back to the truck, guess what he had?  A box of orange cream bars!  Read my mind.

But perhaps he was influenced by today's walk.  Not only did we see a big bee hive but we saw a rare treat: A summer tanager!

tanager

Unfortunately, one of its favorite treats is bees!

ETA:

Should have mentioned that we also saw something even more unusual: A Little Blue Heron.  Great Blue Herons can be seen around the Rio Grande, but Little Blue Herons (a whole nuther animal) are extremely rare in these parts.  Much more common in the Southeastern states.  (This one must be a tourist.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Quick update: We have five owlets now.  Just one more to hatch!

Five

Respected Contributor

justbee- when I was a kid my mom had Tabu, and if I remember right, I didn't care for that scent. She had that, and Emeraude I think. But it's been so long since I smelled either one that I can't even really recall what they smelled like. I don't think I've ever smelled the other two in that set, so I'm not sure if I'd like to spend the money trying the whole set, or if I'd just do better trying some Navy again.

Respected Contributor

justbee-

Thanks for the links too, I'll have to check them out!

Respected Contributor

Oh, and I also ordered a 3 pack of a brow and lash growth enhancing serum. I'm not sure if it will work, but I noticed my brows are thinning out a little as I get older. I think that is the end of my confessions for now, more to come I'm sure. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

justbee- when I was a kid my mom had Tabu, and if I remember right, I didn't care for that scent. She had that, and Emeraude I think. But it's been so long since I smelled either one that I can't even really recall what they smelled like. I don't think I've ever smelled the other two in that set, so I'm not sure if I'd like to spend the money trying the whole set, or if I'd just do better trying some Navy again.

Emeraude!  When I discovered how much I liked Shalimar, I found that Emeraude smelled similar and was much more affordable.  In my mind, Emeraude was the poor woman's Shalimar.  I probably thought that for decades.

But the fact is this: Shalimar was created in 1925; Emeraude was created in 1921.  Did Guerlain borrow from Coty?

I had to run into Walmart yesterday to pick up vacuum cleaner bags, a pocket planner and birdseed.  I stopped by the fragrance aisle just to see what the store carries.  I was surprised.  Didn't see Navy, though.  I think that's a tough one to find.  Let us know if you snag a bottle!

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Five

I am worried about the owlets.  Too many days have passed between the first and the fifth hatchings.  The Barn Owl people have posted some statistics about the survival rate of barn owlets.  Not good.  I hope Dash and Dottie can keep up with the food demand.  {{sigh}}

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Five

I am worried about the owlets.  Too many days have passed between the first and the fifth hatchings.  The Barn Owl people have posted some statistics about the survival rate of barn owlets.  Not good.  I hope Dash and Dottie can keep up with the food demand.  {{sigh}}

I hear ya!  These bird nests are stressful.  The ospreys lost all their eggs last season in a hailstorm; now the male seems to have disappeared.  Survival rate for barn owls is low so I guess that's why they continue to lay so many eggs.  Gotta hand it to Dash: He's new to parenthood but he's been bringing home plenty of rodents for the family.  But I do worry about that last egg and the size difference of the owlets.

Honored Contributor

Oh, my!  Looks like number 6 is out and about.

May the 4th be with you, little owlet.