Valued Contributor

I went to my stockpile today to get a "new" shower gel. My oldest one was purchased 7/27/12. But hey, I now have only have 33 bottles left!

One by one...

Trusted Contributor

Yesterday, I finished my Isomers Vitamin C face lotion.  The only other face lotion I have has been demoted to my neck, so after having my teeth cleaned I stopped by CVS.  As I walked into CVS, I realized that I "had" to buy a facial lotion because there wasn't another one in my stash.  A normal person would not have thought of that.  Angie on hotandflashy recommends CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion because of the good ingredients.  Also, she uses the PM lotion because it does not contain a sunscreen.  Angie uses another sunscreen.  I like this idea because my HG facial sunscreen is White Sunscreen by DHC (which is on sale this month and I will stock up).  The lotion does contain dimethicone, but it is low on the list of ingredients.  Hopefully, it won't make me break out.  So far, I really like it.  Also, it is $14 for 3 oz.  With my CVS extra bucks, I paid $11 for it.  Love that!

While in CVS, I looked at the eyeliners.  I am very unhappy with the one I have because it does not go on smoothly and pulls my eyelids.  Once again, Angie tried Maybelline's Lasting Drama by Eyestudio Waterproof Gel Pencil and recommended it because of its smooth application.  So I bought the sleek onyx and smooth charcoal.  (It comes in many colors, and the pencil color matches the eyeliner color.)  I applied the charcoal this morning, and it went on VERY easily.  The color is intense.  I cannot imagine how dark the black will be.  I got the line a little too thick so tomorrow I'll try applying it in my lash line.  I hope this is my HG eyeliner.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

I went to my stockpile today to get a "new" shower gel. My oldest one was purchased 7/27/12. But hey, I now have only have 33 bottles left!

One by one...

Great job!

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

One by one...

You are slowly coming in to the current.  LOL. One by one....

Speaking of old, I got tired of all the neutral eye looks I have been doing for the last month since I have been using the same palette, which is neutral. So, this morning I did use it but decided to use another eyeshadow color on my lid.  I pulled out the only Mally duo I have and used the purple.  I really liked it. The color is perfect.  Not too bright, not too dark. But, I bought this thing at least a few years ago and this is the first time it has made it on my eyes. You gotta luv it.  So, why did I buy it -yep, Mally was having a sale. 

Respected Contributor

@dosey wrote:

Yesterday, I finished my Isomers Vitamin C face lotion.  The only other face lotion I have has been demoted to my neck, so after having my teeth cleaned I stopped by CVS.  As I walked into CVS, I realized that I "had" to buy a facial lotion because there wasn't another one in my stash.  A normal person would not have thought of that.  Angie on hotandflashy recommends CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion because of the good ingredients.  Also, she uses the PM lotion because it does not contain a sunscreen.  Angie uses another sunscreen.  I like this idea because my HG facial sunscreen is White Sunscreen by DHC (which is on sale this month and I will stock up).  The lotion does contain dimethicone, but it is low on the list of ingredients.  Hopefully, it won't make me break out.  So far, I really like it.  Also, it is $14 for 3 oz.  With my CVS extra bucks, I paid $11 for it.  Love that!

While in CVS, I looked at the eyeliners.  I am very unhappy with the one I have because it does not go on smoothly and pulls my eyelids.  Once again, Angie tried Maybelline's Lasting Drama by Eyestudio Waterproof Gel Pencil and recommended it because of its smooth application.  So I bought the sleek onyx and smooth charcoal.  (It comes in many colors, and the pencil color matches the eyeliner color.)  I applied the charcoal this morning, and it went on VERY easily.  The color is intense.  I cannot imagine how dark the black will be.  I got the line a little too thick so tomorrow I'll try applying it in my lash line.  I hope this is my HG eyeliner.

Walking into the drugstore and picking up a product, what's that like, lol. 

I am am having a tough time with eyeliners lately. They dont want to stay put.  I have so many and just can't add anymore.  Although, as I wear them, I may start to declutter if they are really terrible. I wear makeup to look better, not worse. 

Respected Contributor

Using one palette for a month has been interesting.  I used colors that looked questionable but on the eyes they were so pretty.  One was a antique gold looking color. In the pan it looked a bit different than it applied. Loved it.  Note to self, don't let the pans scare you.  Also, I have been using the same palette for a month and besides a couple colors, it barely looks used. 

My month is up this weekend, excited to start another palette, although I don't know how different it will be, it is basically neutral too.  If it is too much of the same ole, I will just pull some color in to change it up.  It is my next oldest palette.  At least, I will be able to test out the palette as a whole. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- June

[ Edited ]

@Eager2Learn wrote:

One by one...

Hey you're making progress! Progress is always a good thing!

If you need a giggle, I was really impressed with myself when I noticed I only had 2 B&BW shower gels left. I was really patting myself on the back. Wow that is really low!! Then I looked at my Philosophy stash....ummmm yeah I have the jumbos - the really big jugs? The ones that maybe take 3-4 B&BW to equal 1? I have 4 full ones looking at me. Now if it takes a while to complete a small bottle, these jumbos will take forever. I was wondering how to tackle them if I wanted to attempt one by one...but I think I would start to hate the scent if I had to force myself to use one. So I will be opening up 2 of the jumbos. Oh yeah I hope there is room in the shower for the jumbos and me!

Trusted Contributor

I had my B&BW coupon ready to stop after work to get my 2 candles and the apple gel/lotion for my mom. I knew I wouldn't be able to leave with so few items when that store is just a huge temptation pit. I decided to go online instead since they still had the lilac candles that I adore. I bought the apple gel/lotion for my mom for a future gift since she loves the stuff. Then....I bought 4 candles.....ok that was double my goal but better than the 8-10 I had bought some semi-annual sales. Is it progress? I count it as a win due to if I had gone to the store I would have gotten drawn into buying myself some gels and lotions too.

Did everyone avoid temptation on Easy Does It Day here on QVC? I admit, I had put 2 beauty items in my cart and clicked Submit. Then gave myself a severe talking to. It worked! I went ahead and cancelled the items. I don't need them is what I told myself since I already own comparable stuff at home that needs to be used up.

My much loved pedometer is dying. I've had it 4ish years and used it daily. It's survived multiple crashes to the ground but it's slowly starting to not work. It seems to pick and choose when it wants to work. So I've been debating about going all high-tech with a FitBit style watch to track steps etc. This is the bonkers thing - HSN had a good today special on one that was $114....I really had to debate about trying it. But I hadn't really paused at all about almost paying $100 for beauty items?? My brain needs to be examined. Something isn't right when I would have spent $$ on items I wouldn't use vs a new pedometer that would help me improve my health on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to trying out the Fitbit when it's delivered. I'm really going to give it a good try to determine if it's a good match for me. I'm a bit concerned that I won't like the size of it on my wrist each day? Anyone use a pedometer/Fitbit type item daily to track steps?

Honored Contributor

Maybe we should do what we did on the old philosophy forum: Post inventories.  It does make a difference when you count the items and have an actual number in your head.

"I'm going to order this strawberry kiwi coconut mint white chocolate shower gel.  Oh, wait.  I have 127 shower gels in the closet right now, and that doesn't include the 'partial' bottles."

Yes, those pesky partials.  An inch here, and inch there...  Why didn't we just finish the ____ thing?

I think I already posted my philosophy inventory.  I see seven full bottles on the shelf.  We'll discuss partials another time.  (I'm addressing those at the sink.)

But then a coworker gave me a B&BW gift card several years ago and I discovered their website and sale prices.  Lemme go count those now...

Okay, it looks like I have fourteen.  Not all are full.  No, these are the bottles that I bought -- on those great sales -- used once or twice, discovered I disliked and then abandoned.  Most will become handsoap.

If I ever manage to use all of these -- and the partials -- I'll pull all the actual soap out of the drawers and use bar soap at the sink... as soap.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Maybe we should do what we did on the old philosophy forum: Post inventories.  It does make a difference when you count the items and have an actual number in your head.

"I'm going to order this strawberry kiwi coconut mint white chocolate shower gel.  Oh, wait.  I have 127 shower gels in the closet right now, and that doesn't include the 'partial' bottles."

Yes, those pesky partials.  An inch here, and inch there...  Why didn't we just finish the ____ thing?

I think I already posted my philosophy inventory.  I see seven full bottles on the shelf.  We'll discuss partials another time.  (I'm addressing those at the sink.)

But then a coworker gave me a B&BW gift card several years ago and I discovered their website and sale prices.  Lemme go count those now...

Okay, it looks like I have fourteen.  Not all are full.  No, these are the bottles that I bought -- on those great sales -- used once or twice, discovered I disliked and then abandoned.  Most will become handsoap.

If I ever manage to use all of these -- and the partials -- I'll pull all the actual soap out of the drawers and use bar soap at the sink... as soap.

Oh those pesky partials. I'm using my Supersizes this year. And yes these toe-breakers are getting monotonous. (Ever have them fall on you from the linen closet or shower shelf) I passed on Philosophy Gratitude Pomegrante to my husband as I was getting tired of it. I opened it for the suds factor to use with the Supersize Pomegrante WEN body cleanser (love the WEN for hair, for body not so much I miss the suds) but needed to change it up. So now I have Philosophy Squishy Red fishy (remember that one) open to use with the WEN body. 

One of these days I'll post a tally.

Had the AD of Philosophy seasonal shower gels come thru for end of the year gifts at school. So they are going out as fast as they came in!  And also purchased the Sephora Sun Saftey kit. I work outside in the summer and get this every year. Also bought MAC patentpolish lip pencil in You Make Me Proud. I'm ok with these purchases. Loving the lip color!

I have a week off at the end of the month. Hopefully will do something fun then.

@just bee My son was in Albuquerque for work this past week. He said he had a cool uber driver that showed them some Breaking Bad spots. It was the highlight of his trip!

Congrats to all on your accomplishments! Have a good rest of June!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24