Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- November

@kathie66 wrote:

Congratulations bee!!!!! Enjoy your tea and your furbay. Have a nice relaxing day you deserve it!

Loved the Alice Cooper song sung it every summer. Reminded me of the good old days. I can still picture my brother with his headphones on and hear him singing Alice Cooper's I'm Eighteen and I don't know what I want, my brother was so off-key. That memory made me smile!

Thanks!  I actually feel taller today.  It's like the weight of the world has been lifted.  And I went ahead and put out the wreath.  Let the holiday season begin!

("School's Out" has held up pretty well, by the way.  Good times... good times.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Rats!  Went out in the snow because I needed CC cream and Better-half needed Blistex.  My Walgreens had the BB but not the CC.  It's getting harder to find it in the stores so I might have to order it online.  But to get free shipping, I need to spend $35.

All together now: First world problems!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

just bee wrote:

Well... I'm done.  I turned in my final paper -- the BIG one -- and today will be my first real day off because I won't have any homework to do.

Talk about surreal. 

So... we are halfway through the month: How's everyone doing?  My big project now is to collect all my stacks of paper that I've compiled from school and get them off my desk and my diningroom table.  Books can return to the shelves.  I'm going to throw away my two pairs of tattered jeans and my holey alma mater T-shirt today.  I have a new alma mater.  Three now, actually.  Happily, I didn't buy any T-shirts from the last two.  Did I ever mention that I have two old shirts from my university that misspelled the name of the school?  Where's my red pen? 

I'm done!  Now I have to wait to see my final grade.  I won't really be done until I get the diploma in my hand.  But I won't have a syllabus this week.  Or next week.  My next project: Board certification.  And I have to get the house and yard in shape.

Walgreens has a sale on Lumene, so I might pick up a tube of CC cream.  I flirted with the idea of giving it up, but I'm not there yet.  It's a small investment to look presentable.

Hope you're all doing well as the holiday season ramps up.  Thoughts go out to our first ally.

France

Congratulations!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! What an accomplishment!

Trusted Contributor

One of my goals this month was to allow 2 fun purchases so I don't go crazy shopping since November has too many great deals. Well I have wanted the Korres vanilla cinammon products since they were released. It always sounds so lovely! I held out not buying them since they launched maybe a few months ago if not longer? On the last visit, they offered a deal on the duo shower gels. I thought the scent would be great in the shower.....I bought it.....ripped open the box when I got it and used it that night for a shower....wow what a disappointment!! I was really hoping for a nice punch of scent but it's super light. To smell it, it has to be put up right to my nose. I packed it up and returned it. If I'm allowed 2 items, they are going to be items I love!!! It was sad to return them since I usually really love Korres scents.

A little compacting done in the kitchen - I organized my food cabinets! Who knew that I already had tons of different tomato products?? Why am I buying more? Or beans, cans of beans every type of bean I would need to make anything...why have I bought more? Lack of organization! After organizing, it's obvious that I have way too much stuff. I need to use it up. I'm putting myself on a strict no can buying unless it's something needed for a recipe and I don't have it in my cabinet already.

Yippee! I have no interest in the Too Faced today special! I was also able to pass on the Sporto boot today special since my 2 pairs of tall winter boots still look great and should last thru another winter at least.

I've done a little holiday shopping already so I can stretch out the purchases over the next month or so. Of course, I did find a couple things that I thought would be awesome gifts then found out talking to the giftee that she wouldn't like it LOL. So back to the drawing board for those people.

Respected Contributor

I made a couple of fun purchases too. I couldn't resist.  One was LG baked elements foundation.  Not sure I care for it but need to test it out a bit. I have wanted to try it for a while now and her recent sale was hard to resist.  It is disappointing though when things you have wanted to try for so long don't perform. The other thing was a set of the Korres liners.  I really like them so far. They seem to stay in place and there were five diff colors in the set. I may toss the rest of my liners, tired of looking like a raccoon. Both of these purchases were compliments of the beauty boards. 

Although, I feel myself getting back into a buying binge.  I find myself looking for stuff and the advertisements and coupons/sales aren't helping and it is not just beauty items. It is amazing when I look through my emails how many orders I see and some I have deleted. It is time to set up some limits for the rest of the year. ....and I am beginning to think I need to put myself on a very restricted budget for skincare and mu in 2016.  I can't seem to resist. Now I just have to think about the right amount. 

I hope everyone is doing well.  How are some of the project pans going?  I have been wearing more mu lately but just not everyday so I need to step it up. 

Trusted Contributor

Dosey - I hope you're doing ok!! Haven't seen you in a while. Hugs to you and your family!

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Although, I feel myself getting back into a buying binge.  I find myself looking for stuff and the advertisements and coupons/sales aren't helping and it is not just beauty items. It is amazing when I look through my emails how many orders I see and some I have deleted. It is time to set up some limits for the rest of the year. ....and I am beginning to think I need to put myself on a very restricted budget for skincare and mu in 2016.  I can't seem to resist. Now I just have to think about the right amount. 

I hope everyone is doing well.  How are some of the project pans going?  I have been wearing more mu lately but just not everyday so I need to step it up. 

Aprilskies - I think you have a really good idea of already starting to plan for 2016. It will be here before we know it!!

My Project Pan update = I've been using primarily the same 2-3 colors from my eye palette. It doesn't look like I'm making a dent in it! LOL!!! Holy cow there is a lot of product in these Too Faced eye shadows! So I guess I really did get my monies worth from it, now that I can see that I use it daily and it still doesn't look used. I really think following this for the rest of the year is going to be very, very eye opening - how long items like eye shadows really last when you concentrate on using it up.

I had a favorite lipstick that has been getting to the bottom of the tube. I decided to make it a goal to use it up this month! I think I'll hit the plastic bottom of it this coming week! It was a really nice your lips but better color for me. It will most likely be an item I will miss and eventually replace if I see it on sale. First, my goal will be to tackle a different color of lipstick and see if I can wipe that out too! Who knew that getting to the bottom of a makeup container would be such a thrill? LOL

With the holiday coming up next week, Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to you all in case you're not online very much!!

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Dosey - I hope you're doing ok!! Haven't seen you in a while. Hugs to you and your family!

Ditto!

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Congratulations!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! What an accomplishment!

Thanks!  This will be the first weekend in a very long time that I haven't had to produce a paper.  But I do have to clean house.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I'm expecting a delivery today.  I ordered two Lumene CC creams ($8.99 each on sale) and had to get something else for that free shipping.  Body Buf Pufs?  Nope -- got two in the stash.  Konjac sponges?  Nope -- on sale on another site.  More Lumene?  I don't need anything.  But I ended up ordering another sale item: Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Serum It's a colorless BB cream.  That sort of reminds me of philosophy's the present.  Which did not work for me.  It can be used alone or under makeup as a primer.  So how did I rationalize this purchase?  Winter's coming.  I don't wear my CC cream when I take the dog out so there's no "protective layer" on my face.  This is probably purely psychological.  Having something on my face will make me feel better.  Will it keep moisture in?  Will my skin look better?  Or will it leave some weird pasty residue on my face so I'll have to cover it with CC cream?  I just wanted to avoid wearing CC cream in the rain and snow.  I think there's supposed to be some benefit.  I have no clue.  But if it helps with the winter dryness and keeps me from smearing creams and oils on myself, that will be worth it.
http://www.lumene.com/us/bright-now-vitamin-c/bb-serum
Although I really should be using that Lumene oil that I coveted and haven't yet used.  Okay, if it gets dry I'll have that in the stash.
aprilskies, maybe you need to set up a fund for yourself.  Every time you feel like you need to buy a new beauty item that you suspect will not work, set aside the cash for your trip to New Zealand.  Or whatever it is that's been on the back burner.  Now that I'm not spending money on school, it has to go towards the house (that has been so neglected).  And the yard (trees need attention).  And I need to donate to some of my charities.  The only thing I really need is some pants.  I would still like to find an alternative to jeans and try some cargo pants.  I need more pockets. 
I made some progress this week.  I wore different Alegrias to work.  They're having an amazing sale right now and there are at least a dozen styles that have me dewy-eyed.  There was a time I would have just ordered them all.  I  will continue to sit on my hands.  I do not need shoes.