Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- November

justbee -  Congratulations!!!!!!!!  Go and do something fun today.

Valued Contributor

Congrats, JustBee.  I am sure you exceeded your expectations--you are such an inpiration for everyone.  I know you will continue to do great things.  I so admire everything you have accomplished.  ....ahhh - a little rest now, with a nice cup of tea, and get yourself some of your favorite CC.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

Congrats, JustBee.  I am sure you exceeded your expectations--you are such an inpiration for everyone.  I know you will continue to do great things.  I so admire everything you have accomplished.  ....ahhh - a little rest now, with a nice cup of tea, and get yourself some of your favorite CC.

Shucks

Aw, shucks!  You're making me blush!

How did you know I was having a cup of tea? Harney & Sons’ Paris to be exact.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Did I mention Harney & Sons is having a sale right now?  Through November 18.  Looks like the tins of 20 sachets are discounted.  A fine time to try out a few new flavors.  I'm not going near it because I can't part with pretty tea tins.  I saw a tin on the Vermont Country Store site last night.  It was a carousel filled with caramels for $29.99 and I actually thought about buying it.  Ridiculous!  (Really adorable, though...)

Why was I looking at their site, you ask?  There was a thread and it reminded me that I used to shop there.  Then I remembered that I ordered bar soap and hard candy almost 20 years ago and I just recently tossed the candy and I still have bars of soap.

Anyway, Paris tea is my new favorite and I don't know why.  I thought it was quite awful when I first tried it.  Smelled fantastic but I thought it might be too floral.  It's grown on me.

It is a fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors, and a hint of lemony Bergamot...  Similar to the aroma, this tea smells sweet like caramel and has a fruity flavor of black currants.

I'm going to go make another cup.  It's raining like crazy here.  Gloomy and wonderful and I don't have to do homework!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Tea's still steeping and the sun just came out.

Honored Contributor

@palady wrote:

justbee -  Congratulations!!!!!!!!  Go and do something fun today.

Thank you!  Got any ideas?    It's a weird feeling when you don't feel guilty about doing nothing.  I think I'll putter!

Honored Contributor

Well we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Makin' all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Out for summer
Out till fall
We might not go back at all

School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely
Honored Contributor

Alice

Honored Contributor

petros

That sunshine lasted for maybe five minutes and then it turned gloomy and rainy again.  We took the dog to his favorite spot -- Piedras Marcadas Canyon -- and it started snowing.  SNOW!!!

I feel like I should put my wreath on the door.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations bee!!!!! Enjoy your tea and your furbay. Have a nice relaxing day you deserve it!

Loved the Alice Cooper song sung it every summer. Reminded me of the good old days. I can still picture my brother with his headphones on and hear him singing Alice Cooper's I'm Eighteen and I don't know what I want, my brother was so off-key. That memory made me smile!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24