Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- November

@just bee wrote:

@marky wrote:

Well, I reorganized my spare room today (my hoarding room).  It was a real eye opener.  I shouldn't buy another beauty item for years.  I have way too much stuff and need to get back on the program of clearing out items.  

Just Bee, I even have too much tea.  LOL 

I pruned my collection finally, but now I have some varieties that I really don't care for.  I'm going to pawn these off on Better-half's mother when she heads home...  (I'm turning into dosey's MIL.)

At least BH's mother can toss them if she doesn't like/want them and not have to worry about displaying them when you visit.  LOL

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- November,

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

Justbee, you really need to go to HH Gregg's or Best Buy's website.  The prices are amazing.  What a perfect time to buy a new television!

@Picture this: Three people who hate to go shopping and haven't been to a mall in years went out yesterday and a TV was purchased.  I figured we needed to pick up a couple items at Costco for the antipasto snack we were putting together, so why not buy the TV and get it over with while the @#$%^& things were still in stock?

I committed to a 65-inch VIZIO E-Series.  Fine.  And now the nightmare begins.  We scoured Albuquerque last night during the crazy shopping rush (we were all traumatized -- it was too much like the original Night of the Living Dead... They're coming to get you, Bah-brah...@) and we could not find a single TV stand that would be appropriate.  MADNESS, I tell you.  We've been online ever since, hunting.  I'm looking at stands that cost as much as the @#$%^& TV!!!  This is insanity!  And there are so few made to hold a 65-inch set.  The horror.

This@ is what is going to happen.  The TV is going to sit in the @#$%^& box until we can find a @#$%^& stand, and then when we finally get the @#$%^& TV out of the box we're going to discover a problem and it will be too late to return the @#$%^& thing!

Really, just LOL. I bought a kitchenaid stand mixer which I have never used. My goal in 2016 is to learn how to use the d$m thing. So, I am hoping 5 years later it actually works.  Not the same as a tv but this made me lol. I wont even mention the other appliances that are laying in wait. 

Good luck with it.  65 inch is pretty nice. Enjoy.

I have a KA mixer that is 16 yo.  I love that thing!  It is one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Get yours out and use it.  It is cookie season!! Smiley Happy

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

We bought our Christmas tree today.  As sticking with tradition, we picked a rainy day for the outing.  The nice thing is that we heard "We Need a Little Christmas" on the radio.  My family laughed at me when I couldn't remember the lyrics and had to add Da Da Dee Da Da.

Paws and enjoy life.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

aprilskies,

I read on these boards that you should run your Kitchenaid mixer for a few minutes about once a month to keep the grease mixed up in the gears.  Some people said they had some leaking when they finally did use theirs.  People on the boards stated that you shouldn't let it sit for long periods of time without running it.  I usually run mine for about five or six minutes each month.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

Justbee, you really need to go to HH Gregg's or Best Buy's website.  The prices are amazing.  What a perfect time to buy a new television!

@Picture this: Three people who hate to go shopping and haven't been to a mall in years went out yesterday and a TV was purchased.  I figured we needed to pick up a couple items at Costco for the antipasto snack we were putting together, so why not buy the TV and get it over with while the @#$%^& things were still in stock?

I committed to a 65-inch VIZIO E-Series.  Fine.  And now the nightmare begins.  We scoured Albuquerque last night during the crazy shopping rush (we were all traumatized -- it was too much like the original Night of the Living Dead... They're coming to get you, Bah-brah...@) and we could not find a single TV stand that would be appropriate.  MADNESS, I tell you.  We've been online ever since, hunting.  I'm looking at stands that cost as much as the @#$%^& TV!!!  This is insanity!  And there are so few made to hold a 65-inch set.  The horror.

This@ is what is going to happen.  The TV is going to sit in the @#$%^& box until we can find a @#$%^& stand, and then when we finally get the @#$%^& TV out of the box we're going to discover a problem and it will be too late to return the @#$%^& thing!

Really, just LOL. I bought a kitchenaid stand mixer which I have never used. My goal in 2016 is to learn how to use the d$m thing. So, I am hoping 5 years later it actually works.  Not the same as a tv but this made me lol. I wont even mention the other appliances that are laying in wait. 

Good luck with it.  65 inch is pretty nice. Enjoy.

This sounds like the humidifier I bought from QVC fifteen or so years ago that’s still in the box.

@We have an old 65-inch set that is enormous.  The whole point of buying the new technology was to adopt the new slimmer design.  A big piece of furniture under the @#$%^& TV kinda messes with the original plan.

@It's in front of three windows.  I don't think they sell suction cups that are strong enough to stick the @#$%^& thing to the glass.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Yes, me too.  I grew up on it.  I actually cut my cable last December, hoping to stop watching so much but having Netflix and HBOgo is probably worse.  I have toyed being one of those non Tv people and am not quite sure I can do it.  Good luck with your search if you are searching.  

@Do you know where they're hiding all the @#$%^& TV stands?

I am surprised they are not around.  Have you considered hanging it?

No, but I have considered hanging myself.  At this point, becoming a non-TV person would be less stressful.  Is this like the whole thing about buying a pack of hot dogs and a pack of buns and they have a different number in each?  You buy a TV and the stands are too small?  Who decided this?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

FindingmyJoy,  my Black Friday shopping got out of control.  The sales and extra % off just got me good.  I didn't go out though, it was all online.  I was gonna go out and just walk around later in the day but never made it. The rest of the year I am just allowing gifts and i do need some tops and shoes but will only buy a few that I need. 

I had two auto deliveries. I cancelled Wen and kept my isomers immortal which I pushed out until Feb.  I have just a little bit left from the bottle I have now and want to see if I notice a diff when I stop using it.  I wasnt sure if my eyes looked better because of this product or because I was really moisturizing them consistently, which I wasnt doing before. This purchase was perfect for that reason alone. 

For 2016, it has become clear that I need to set a strict budget and goal not only per month but for the year. I need to put some thought into this and figure out what that looks like, for all categories. 

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. 

We'll be here for ya in 2016!

Thank you.  I will need it.  It is amazing how hard this is for me.  This is just as hard as quitting smoking.  I gave that up 16 years ago. 

If you could give up smoking, you'll be able to ComPact!

dog

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@dosey Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sister.  I don't post too often, but do keep up on reading all of your wonderful posts.  

@just bee CONGRATULATIONS on your degree!!!  That is quite an accomplishment, particularly while working full-time (?). I admire your drive.  

And to all ComPacters, thank you for all of your posts, which keep me in line with making only mindful purchases now.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@DL2843 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I had a major fall off the boots, make-up, and tea bandwagons. On the bright side I am loving everything I have purchased.  I got 3 pairs of Bearpaw boots. Each pair was under $37. When my sister heard about the purchase she sent me to the store to get her a pair because the similar looking Uggs were $220. An Ulta opened near us just a few months ago. We stooped in on the spur of the moment and I got several small sample kits and a Laura Gellar kit that included the baked foundation. My foundation supply at work is almost gone and I have wanted to try hers. BBW had a buy three get three free so I got the little hand sanitizers for my advisory students for their holiday gift. Even the scent free hand lotion was included so I got scent free and my mother got the cashmere line hand creams. Then on Saturday I want to go to a local tea shop to support Small Business Saturday. I was disappointed that she had no special deals, but I got 2 teas to try. Then I took my friend to Teavana so he could try the White Chocolate Peppermint tea latte made with coconut milk (it is a non-alcoholic nectar of the Gods). Unbeknownst to me they were having all holiday tins and sets buy one get one free. Since I have not started going to TA meetings (tea anonymous) I got two tins and their big sample set which sells for $80 but since we both got one it was just $40. So I should now be set for the rest of the year. Happy Holiday season everyone.  

TA!  Ar-ar-ar-ar!

Honored Contributor

@palady wrote:

Did you try Target? 

Should have written - Did you try Target for a TV stand.  They have some nice furniture that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Yes.  Absolutely zip in the store, but a million options online.  Like I said, by the time I get a stand and get this TV out of the box, something's gonna be wrong.