Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?
The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.
Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.
They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.
Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

It's July already! Cat Tongue

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Happy July 1, ladies.  I am still compacting, but really intimidated with this new forum format.  I am definitely a creature of habit.  Thank you all for your postings.  I am still a work in progress.  I still do not need any beauty items.  I am still using what I have. I have 2 bags of clothes to drop off at the women's shelter, so I am plugging along.   I hope everyone else is doing well.  Thanks, JustBee, for keeping the ComPact going, as I appreciate everyone's efforts, suggestions of what works for them, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for starting the July thread, just bee.  It is July 1st and the beginning of a new quarter.  Out with the old toothbrush, in with the new!

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- July

[ Edited ]
I really can't believe it is July already. Incredible how fast it flies by. A little too fast.

Beauty junkie, I am still learning my way around too.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

Thank you for starting the July thread, just bee.  It is July 1st and the beginning of a new quarter.  Out with the old toothbrush, in with the new!

YES!!!  And a new tube of Full 'N Soft!

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:
I really can't believe it is July already. Incredible how fast it flies by. A little too fast.

Beauty junkie, I am still learning my way around too.

The year's half gone.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

Happy July 1, ladies.  I am still compacting, but really intimidated with this new forum format.  I am definitely a creature of habit.  Thank you all for your postings.  I am still a work in progress.  I still do not need any beauty items.  I am still using what I have. I have 2 bags of clothes to drop off at the women's shelter, so I am plugging along.   I hope everyone else is doing well.  Thanks, JustBee, for keeping the ComPact going, as I appreciate everyone's efforts, suggestions of what works for them, etc. 

Ya gotta hook up with geezerette.  She'll show ya the ropes.  She's turning into a high tech wizard.  Rumor has it she's working on a start-up called Apricot.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

So an update on me. I left my full time job and start my new occasional job on July 7. I've been on vacation for a week and it's been wonderful! I'm starting to feel like  my old self again. I was so miserable working 5 days a week. I really am looking to simplify all areas of my life, to make time and energy for the things that really matter. I'm tired of stressing out about the stupid things, like my stash of beauty products. 

This past week has been busy, but I've managed to go thru both kids' rooms and we have some things to donate and a lot of little things went into the trash. I have 3 bags and a box in the back of my car so far to donate. (not all their stuff) 

Yesterday was a huge victory for me. I was out running so I stopped at BBW to check out their semi annual sale. I also had an extra coupon. Well, I left the store without anything! I have lots of body sprays and lotions here but not a lot of shower gels, only 3, so I was going to stock up. None of the scents really struck a chord with me and I decided that I didn't need 10 more shower gels here, so I left with nothing. I will wait until the after Christmas sale and get some goodies then after I've used up more of what I have here.

So glad to be back!

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Hi girls! 

So an update on me. I left my full time job and start my new occasional job on July 7. I've been on vacation for a week and it's been wonderful! I'm starting to feel like  my old self again. I was so miserable working 5 days a week. I really am looking to simplify all areas of my life, to make time and energy for the things that really matter. I'm tired of stressing out about the stupid things, like my stash of beauty products. 

This past week has been busy, but I've managed to go thru both kids' rooms and we have some things to donate and a lot of little things went into the trash. I have 3 bags and a box in the back of my car so far to donate. (not all their stuff) 

Yesterday was a huge victory for me. I was out running so I stopped at BBW to check out their semi annual sale. I also had an extra coupon. Well, I left the store without anything! I have lots of body sprays and lotions here but not a lot of shower gels, only 3, so I was going to stock up. None of the scents really struck a chord with me and I decided that I didn't need 10 more shower gels here, so I left with nothing. I will wait until the after Christmas sale and get some goodies then after I've used up more of what I have here.

So glad to be back!

So glad to have you back! Cat Very Happy