Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?
The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.
Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.
They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.
Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- December

You're on the ball today, bee

Honored Contributor

Carl

Carl

Carl

Carl

For geezerette and the new addition...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I would've been quicker, but I was busy looking at pictures of Rotties!  Did you see the ones posted on the November thread?

Honored Contributor

It is the holiday season. And it doesn't matter which holiday it is -- we want to hear about favorite holiday music as well as the songs that make you leave the room. Favorite holiday dishes (and the ones that absolutely turn your stomach). Favorite holiday memories, favorite holiday traditions, favorite holiday movies.

color

aluminum

Bing

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I would've been quicker, but I was busy looking at pictures of Rotties!  Did you see the ones posted on the November thread?

Yes, I sure did!  They must be a new obsession.  I just learned that my niece and her family adopted a Rottie, too!  That's probably why I haven't heard from her in a while...Theirs is about a year or so old (rescue) and is a new buddy for their 11-year-old Rottie/German Shepherd mix.  But then she has two college-age boys to wear hers out.  (The rain finally stopped here today so we got a play-date with Gertie's sister and now she's worn out, thank the Lord!)

Since you're now a woman of leisure, I think you need one too, bee!  It sure is a challenge and you won't need to go to the gym.  (My husband said he was going to buy some weights for strength-training this winter, but now he doesn't have to, all he has to do is play tug-of-war with the pup!)  They sure are lovers...Heart

Honored Contributor

just bee wrote:

color

We didn't have an aluminum tree (but I do remember them vividly), or the color wheel, but we did have a clock just like that one in the picture.  For years.  I think one of my sisters took it when my parents downscaled and retired out west; our family doesn't throw anything out.  So my obsession with possessions is genetic.  Except the rest of the family just keeps the old stuff and doesn't buy much new.  And they don't consider it a problem, just tradition.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

color

We didn't have an aluminum tree (but I do remember them vividly), or the color wheel, but we did have a clock just like that one in the picture.  For years.  I think one of my sisters took it when my parents downscaled and retired out west; our family doesn't throw anything out.  So my obsession with possessions is genetic.  Except the rest of the family just keeps the old stuff and doesn't buy much new.  And they don't consider it a problem, just tradition.

Everybody had that clock!  We had one, too.  Later came the cat clock...

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Yes, I sure did!  They must be a new obsession.  I just learned that my niece and her family adopted a Rottie, too!  That's probably why I haven't heard from her in a while...Theirs is about a year or so old (rescue) and is a new buddy for their 11-year-old Rottie/German Shepherd mix.  But then she has two college-age boys to wear hers out.  (The rain finally stopped here today so we got a play-date with Gertie's sister and now she's worn out, thank the Lord!)

Since you're now a woman of leisure, I think you need one too, bee!  It sure is a challenge and you won't need to go to the gym.  (My husband said he was going to buy some weights for strength-training this winter, but now he doesn't have to, all he has to do is play tug-of-war with the pup!)  They sure are lovers...Heart

Nay!  No need for a Rottie because I have a ... wait for it... wait for it.... an Australian kelpie!

kelpie

kelpies

kelpie

Honored Contributor

Australian Kelpie, really?  I'm impressed.  They're gorgeous.  I've always thought they looked a little like a large fox, or a cleaned-up version of one of the original dog species.  I don't think I've ever actually seen one in person, though.  You're right--no need for a Rottie to keep you in shape, I'm sure he/she already does that sufficiently.  That is, unless you have some sheep to keep him/her occupied.

Oh, we skipped the cat clock craze, thankfully.  Cat LOL