Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Oh I don't need tea to get the grass effect.  We've started extracting our veggies so we can get them down raw instead of cooking them all.  And also because I hate most vegetables, even though they're the largest part of my diet, so I figured if I just chugged down a big glass of liquid, it would be done and over with instead of having to choke them down bite by bite.  Combine a bunch of potent greens and it pretty much tastes just like grass.  In fact, that's what I call it: our grass drink.  It's gross (and looks like, well, it doesn't look appetizing) but it really seems to give us both a lift.

I've been trying not to beat myself up for years.  I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be, but I seem to screw up so much more now than when I was younger.  My brain just doesn't function properly, and I have to admit, I just don't care about a lot of things I used to, so I tend to slack off a lot more.  Thank goodness I don't have to be out in the workforce.

But I'm always up for a break.

I'm a big fan of vegetables and I always feel better after I eat them.  Where I screw up is fruit.  I like it, I buy it, and then I forget to eat it and have to pitch it.  It's a recurring theme.

I'm beating myself up for trying to take today off.  I have been forcing myself to take Mondays off, but I can't relax and enjoy the break because I think I should be studying or pulling weeds or looking for Bob the box turtle.  (Where the heck did he go?)  I'm supposed to be renewing my nursing license and have been procrastinating.  Why is this?

I like the idea of taking a break from worry and making myself fret.  If there's nothing to fret about I'll find something.  I'm working on that but it doesn't take much to fall off the wagon and start obsessing.

Let's make it official: No flogging this month.  Maybe I need to get back into yoga.  It's hard to beat yourself up when you're so relaxed that you can't lift your arm against yourself.

I always say that I worry if I have nothing to worry about...

I do the same thing with fruit: buy it, don't eat it, and end up throwing it out because it spoiled.  Only I don't like it.  I buy it thinking that I'll use it instead of sweets, but an apple just doesn't taste like a candy bar to me, much as I've tried to imagine it does.  Although now that I've been off sweets again for a while, I just about OD'd myself eating the watermelon my husband brought home.  It was like mainlining sugar--ahh, I was in heaven--until the headache hit.

You know, I do swear that we must have had at least one parent in common--the one that taught us to worry about everything and to be perfectionists at all times.  If I didn't expend all that energy criticizing myself, I'd probably feel much better.  But then I'd have to worry about feeling too good...

I just want to take a breather.  This year has flown by and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel: Three more classes.  There may be leisure time again in my future.  But still I fret.

Watermelon sounds good.  I admit I do much better with fruit when someone cuts it up for me and I can eat it with a fork.  I should talk to someone about this.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@geezerette

My BFF had problems with migraines until she discovered the cause.  Caffeine.  Once she eliminated caffeine from her diet, including chocolate, she no longer had the headaches.  HTH!

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

Okay.  I am going to try to post this for the third time.

Angie at hotandflashy50 (dot com) has posted two videos of her going through her makeup.  One video focuses on face products, and the other is for eye makeup.  I was inspired by how quickly she made a decision.  Keep, toss, or give away.  When I go through my makeup, I look at something, think about it, test it, look at is some more, etc.  Sometimes, I'll hold something until the next go-through months later before I get rid of it.  You might enjoy watching the videos.  If you only watch for a few minutes, you'll know what happens throughout the entire video. 

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@geezerette

My BFF had problems with migraines until she discovered the cause.  Caffeine.  Once she eliminated caffeine from her diet, including chocolate, she no longer had the headaches.  HTH!

Yes dosey, caffeine is indeed one of the (many) foods I find that trigger my more intense headaches.  (They also set off my hot flashes to no end!)  I've cut it out almost completely, but there are just some days that I can't give up at least a half a cup of coffee! 

Thanks for thinking of me, it was very kind of you!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Oshare-girl

How are things going?  Will TS Guillermo be impacting you?

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

I'm fine with August being a flog-free month, just bee.  I also think that we should make each poster's birthday month flog-free for her.  What does everyone think?

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

I'm fine with August being a flog-free month, just bee.  I also think that we should make each poster's birthday month flog-free for her.  What does everyone think?

And if we observe someone flogging herself, we can sound the floghorn alarm.  Yes... a flog-free zone...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Thanks, just bee, for the links.  I checked them out and about choked on the prices until I pulled out my package of or organic tea bags and realized how little tea the box actually contains (2.26 ounces!).  I think I will end up giving one of those sites a try.  We have never made tea not from a tea bag (I know, newbie) so will also order the accompanying supplies.  Thanks again :-)

I use a permanent tea filter in a mug and that works pretty well.  Once you start using loose tea, it becomes normal and bags are suddenly weird.

https://www.harney.com/teawareandtreats/tea-filters-strainers.html

If you order from Harney you'll get their emails and be alerted to special offers.

I was just on the Harney site, checking out the "New Arrivals."

https://www.harney.com/new-arrivals.html

Check out the Meijiawu Lung Ching.

https://www.harney.com/meijiawu-lung-ching.html

Am I cheap?  Why don't I want to spend $400 on a pound of tea?

Umm, $400?  HECK NO!  Smiley Surprised)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I did end up ordering a few new teas last night.  I figure fall will be here before we know it, so I stocked up on a few unusual flavors.  I may regret this.

Eventually I'll try the local tea shops, but that probably won't happen until much later this year. 

BExplorer -- let me know, if you end up ordering, which teas you chose.  I had put together a sampler package for a friend who's been drinking Lipton for years and it changed her life.  I am in no way one of those people who posts on the tea forums and ensures my imported water is at the perfect temperature before I allow my leaves to steep.  But I don't drink coffee anymore and I don't frequent Starbucks, so I don't mind paying for a variety of teas.  How many cups of Starbucks versus a pound of tea?  You were smart to look at the weight of your tea.  I hope you order some good ones!

I had planned on placing an order Monday night, but one site didn't have both teas I wanted (and I wouldn't have gotten free shpong, either 😕) so I haven't done anything yet.  I am not looking for anything difficult--just organic green tea and organic chamomile--with free shipping, of course 😄.  Great point about the price of tea versus Starbucks!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor
I agree with a flog-free pass for one's birthday month! But if that month stretches into 2-3 months....well....we shall bring out the flogs! LOL