Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2014 -- December

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas everyone.
Valued Contributor

Merry Christmas to all of you; wishing you a safe and wonderful holiday season and all the best in 2015.

Still recovering; always wanting to buy something. This time of the year always seems worse for me, as the sales always are so enticing. Staying strong, but it is so difficult.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Contributor

Merry Christmas to all the Compactors!

It'll be another morning of unwrapping far too many gifts, although we do silly stuff like wrap a spatula or each pair of socks in a single beautiful box, so the amount of gifts seems like more than it really could be. My DH and I set a limit of $100 to spend on each other. I got mostly needs (rain boots I had to try on, phone charging cables, etc), and he did as well--a new polo shirt and black belt. Tried to do one fun gift for everyone. The main thing is I'll have my parents and DH and no one will be in the hospital this year (for those who are new or don't remember, last Dec my father had a lung surgically attached to his chest wall and didn't know it was Christmas). Perhaps it's a low bar, but I'm fine with that. I have a job and husband I love, my parents are still around even if not in the best of health, and am looking forward to a quiet day.

but, I did spend $60 on a pair of earrings I totally didn't need as it was a silent auction bid for the Coalition for the Homeless and got a pawprint necklace which included a donation to the ASPCA with some gift money. No more jewelry! sigh, I'm gifting it, yet buying more.

Contributor

Merry Christmas! Wishing everyone a healthy and happy holiday!
Trusted Contributor

Merry Christmas All!!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24